Author Topic: How to handle a hose pipe ban  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
How to handle a hose pipe ban
« on: 27 July 2018, 13:48 »
One week on Sunday we have a hose pipe ban in place for our area, whilst I'm sure it won't stop the neighbors keeping their massive paddling pool topped up I guess I'm looking at quite a spell before I can wash the car again, or at least using a hose pipe  :cry:

What worries me is dealing with the the inevitable bird poo, it's difficult enough as it is because it can mark the paint by the time I get home to sort it, but that is on a clean or recently cleaned car.  What should I do a few weeks down the line when the car is dusty at best?  A jug of warm soapy water and the wash mitt to clean it off lightly? 

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: How to handle a hose pipe ban
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2018, 14:08 »
The hose pipe ban doesn't prevent you from washing your car, just from using a hose pipe connected to the mains water. Although a bit of a bother but if you are that fussed, give it a good clean then maintain it daily from buckets (provided it's not really dirty, just dusty) or you'll just have to grin and bare it.

For bird poo I dampen some kitchen roll and place it on and leave it to soften the poo and lift off with more wet roll. Not ideal but needs must.

Cleaning in these hot conditions isn't pleasent anyway so I tend to leave it a while between washes.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.