Author Topic: popleyruss - mk2 vr6  (Read 20463 times)

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
Re: popleyruss - mk2 vr6
« Reply #20 on: 30 March 2011, 21:03 »
Cheers fellas and Luke I pick up my keys for a new workshop unit on the 22nd hopefully if it's finished so if u need anything stored for ur motor let me no I no I'm an hour away lol
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 March 2011, 22:41 »
thats great mate. if you have enough room, i might need some where to sprey my engine bay up as il be doing it in the wind on my drive at the moment!!

if you need a hand let us know. Don't know how much use il be. I got round to looking at barrys loom the other night and it didnt go very well with trying to wire it up. A lot different to my loom!

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2011, 21:04 »
Right then moved into a new unit with sum mates still got loads of stuff to bring up and still finish painting the floor :( I HATE DUST

Done a few Lil bits to the golf aswell
Well hears a few pics first

Just moving the golf ready to load on to transporter

Half painted floor and mine and my mates polo gt on bike carbs

Just some of the mess lol

Oh and a few of the new wheels corvette wheels anyone ???????

9 and a half j on the rear and 8s on the front got a mate popin up to do my arches and stick my g60 stuff on
They look awesome and suit the car perfect

Pic of my step daughter helping me fix a cutting out problem with an abf mk3

Done a little work on my mk2 had no fuel so changed the fuel pump and still no fuel or power so check the wiring again and dodgy earth the pump was getting warm and still no fuel so took the lift pump out and it had conjeeld petrol on the pick up ( a first for me) and all the rubbers and seals had perished so a few swear words later

Anyway on the same farm as the unit c2 motorsport live so spoke to the top blokes up there and they gave me a mk3 vr6 tank and fuel pump and wiring so I can rip out all the old stuff and hopefully have this thing started this week

Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 15 May 2011, 21:23 »
looking good dude - Gunna have to say it again. You've got a seriously sweet deal there with that unit! Looks perfect!

Liking the wheels too!

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 15 May 2011, 22:18 »
Cheers Luke anytime ur around give me a shout and pop down
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2011, 21:56 »
Can safely say my car is pissing me off now put the fuel tank in and wired the pump up and still no spark or fuel so I ran wires direct to the pump and from the coil as it won't run from the key turning the engine turns over but just don't spark or fuel

Anyway the wires run straight to the coil and fuel pump the car turns over with fuel and spark but the engine still won't run I can't get my head around it ????????
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 25 May 2011, 12:57 »
had a look and crank and knock sensors?

I assume its de-imobalsised?

Got all your vacume lines covered up so there are no airleks to the inlet?  Made sure that the fuel lines are on the right way round?! twice I have put my send pipe onto the return pipe on the fuel rail....

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2011, 13:27 »
Think it's gonna be a long day Saturday lol also did Barry tell u I have a spare engine and box just incase.

I got it mega cheap so if urs gos just give me a should it's just sat there ready for 1 of us lol
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2011, 14:51 »
haha nah he didnt. usefull! A lot of Vr's are coming up cheap for the whole lot now. Half the reason Im not bothering with my chains as its just not worth it any more!

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2011, 15:08 »
Yeah man well it's there if u need it . Picking up another loom and a full set of fuel lines Saturday for 30 quid
Just plain dubbin