Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529792 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #210 on: 29 December 2015, 23:27 »
In Ireland for Christmas break, but ferry was cancelled today, so thought I'd make use of the time and wash the car!

It's black, it's beautifully clean and shiny!  What's not to like. :drool:  :cool:

Lovely job!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #211 on: 29 December 2015, 23:37 »
Thanks. Missing some tyre dressing but could only bring the basics.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #212 on: 30 December 2015, 09:51 »
Thanks. Missing some tyre dressing but could only bring the basics.

Lovely job! You've answered one of my questions in that you took cleaning kit with you. Is this normal? Does everyone do that? I feel like a right amateur! Going away for a few days tomorrow but hadn't even considered taking car cleaning kit. The boot is too small as it is!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline VWB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #213 on: 30 December 2015, 10:31 »
It's probably not normal! We were away for over a week, so as a bit of escape and some time in the fresh air I took a couple of mitts and drying towels.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #214 on: 30 December 2015, 10:46 »
Managed to get the GTD clean for the first time in 6 weeks and 1,500 miles following the god damned awful weather we have had in November and December. Despite people thinking white cars are a pain to keep clean, it actually didn't look that bad from a distance (given the time and mileage since the last clean). Here's what i started with

So usual clean, Liberal coating of snow foam then worked into small areas with a detailing brush whilst it was doing it's magic. Rinsed off. Washed with TBM and grit guards, using a wo-wo lambswool mit and megs shampoo. Rinsed again then a good spray down with AutoSmart Tardis to get rid of the tar spots and Iron-X to remove any bonded contaminants (of which there were plenty).

Quick wash again and rinse. Wheels cleaned with Bilberry / megs shampoo and a dedicated lambswool mit. Rinsed and whole car dried with a wo-wo drying towel using Megs last touch as a drying aid and my Metro blaster air drier. Tyres dressed, interior given a quick hoover and a wipe down with a damp microfibre and all finished leaving this. I think it's how a 2 1/2 years old and 20,000 mile car should look ?

I hope it meets the high standards set by all here  :grin:
« Last Edit: 30 December 2015, 10:52 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #215 on: 30 December 2015, 11:18 »
Looks great, like the red GTD badges.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #216 on: 30 December 2015, 15:08 »

I hope it meets the high standards set by all here  :grin:

Looks superb sootchuker.  Great work :cool:

Actually didn't look too bad initially considering it hadn't been washed for 6 weeks.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #217 on: 30 December 2015, 15:18 »
VWB
 Its perfectly normal to take car cleaning kit on holiday I do it when we go away for a week with my mother in law but we have to take two cars so I have plenty to do when away and it gets me out the house for a while .

Sootchucker
Your car is looking really good , My wifes mk6 is clean but I cant get a spare lots of hours to finish polishing it , have done it with A/g srp and poorboys exp sealant but want to finish it with Jetseal  and I have to start mine as well its not been washed for 3 weeks ....

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #218 on: 03 January 2016, 13:20 »
Happy new year, fellow detailers! No detailing today, but have just ordered a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster from Clean Your Car ready for the next clean.

Been thinking about getting one for sometime to get rid of all that annoying trapped water and drips from mirror housings, grill, wheels etc when I dry the car, and Clean Your Car's 10% new year discount on all their products (other than those already on special offer) gave me the incentive to buy.

If anyone else needs any detailing gear and wants to get the benefit of their discount, it ends at midnight tonight. Discount code; NEWYEAR10
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #219 on: 03 January 2016, 13:46 »
Happy new year, fellow detailers! No detailing today, but have just ordered a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster from Clean Your Car ready for the next clean.

Been thinking about getting one for sometime to get rid of all that annoying trapped water and drips from mirror housings, grill, wheels etc when I dry the car, and Clean Your Car's 10% new year discount on all their products (other than those already on special offer) gave me the incentive to buy.

If anyone else needs any detailing gear and wants to get the benefit of their discount, it ends at midnight tonight. Discount code; NEWYEAR10

Happy New Year!

Sidekick is a great buy SRGTD.  Good tip about the CYC discount too. :smiley:

I've just upgraded to a MetroVac n Blo vacuum/dryer.  As it does drying duty too, my Sidekick may be up for sale in near future.  Atm someone else has first refusal on it but if not, it may be up for grabs for £40 if anyone is interested?  Its perfect condition but is missing the flat nozzle attachment (the less useful one) but has the long nozzle.  The other one is somewhere in the house but is evading detection atm.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual