Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2765392 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9300 on: 15 March 2019, 19:02 »
What are the details of the battery cover??

I bought it on eBay for£12.99 from Hong Kong but that listing has now ended. There are others on there but they are a bit dearer  :sad:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9301 on: 15 March 2019, 19:07 »
My dashcam is hardwired in and even though I had my battery die last year which I suppose possibly could have been connected, the battery was replaced under warranty with no quibbling and the dealership are fully aware I have a wired-in dashcam.

Mine is left in-situ 24/7 so that parking mode can do its thing. An incident last Sunday, where someone put a dent in my car whilst it was parked up, has shown how worthwhile a dashcam is.

This is what my dashcam caught whilst it was parked up.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/30715-educating-the-next-generation-of-car-park-door-dingers/

Apologies for linking to another forum! 

Following on from the above, picked up the car from the bodyshop this evening.

Front offside wing all repaired and a top job by the bodyshop. And not washed as instructed.  Two nearside Prets refurbed whilst it was off the road, and as always, superb work by Lepsons.

Few pics (in failing light)

Glad to hand this back to credit hire company after a week in it. Not my cup of tea! 

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9302 on: 15 March 2019, 19:14 »
Looks like new again  :laugh:
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9303 on: 15 March 2019, 20:11 »
My dashcam is hardwired in and even though I had my battery die last year which I suppose possibly could have been connected, the battery was replaced under warranty with no quibbling and the dealership are fully aware I have a wired-in dashcam.

Mine is left in-situ 24/7 so that parking mode can do its thing. An incident last Sunday, where someone put a dent in my car whilst it was parked up, has shown how worthwhile a dashcam is.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/30715-educating-the-next-generation-of-car-park-door-dingers/

Front offside wing all repaired and a top job by the bodyshop. And not washed as instructed.  Two nearside Prets refurbed whilst it was off the road, and as always, superb work by Lepsons.

Looks great Rebecca. Knowing of a body shop with a good reputation that you can trust counts for a lot.

Any luck in catching the perpetrator that caused the damage? I saw your dash cam coverage over on vwroc.com of the incident, and the guilty party trying to rub out the damage with his finger!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9304 on: 17 March 2019, 21:13 »
Changed wheels front to back today and gave the wheels and calipers a good clean followed by Platinum Wheels ceramic coat. Hopefully should be nice and easy to clean from now on.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9305 on: 17 March 2019, 21:24 »
Looking very smart there Jim :smiley: I need to rotate my wheels too, got just over 10k miles on my set of PS4S now so need to get the fronts on the rear. Hopefully, weather permitting, this Thursday. Also need to speak to my insurer about a new turbo elbow and inlet pipe, might not do that much but it's a want over need :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9306 on: 17 March 2019, 21:49 »
Looking very smart there Jim :smiley: I need to rotate my wheels too, got just over 10k miles on my set of PS4S now so need to get the fronts on the rear. Hopefully, weather permitting, this Thursday. Also need to speak to my insurer about a new turbo elbow and inlet pipe, might not do that much but it's a want over need :smiley:

Cheers. Was made a bit quicker when realised I could get both wheels off depending if I went front or back!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #9307 on: 18 March 2019, 07:38 »

Glad for you Rebecca I can only imagine how gutted you were at the damage the ar- - hole did with his door.
But look now what an incredible job back as new  :smiley:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #9308 on: 19 March 2019, 12:46 »
Had a MOT today, in Colchester VW there is a 5 door DSG PP with dyna and velour for £30,888, a £3,500 saving apparently
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #9309 on: 19 March 2019, 14:59 »
Stripped out the rear seats and side panels (3 door) in preparation for to PDR a small dent on both rear quarter panels. Just got to drill out the rivets to get the inner skin off and we're good to go.

Strictly speaking they would both need spraying (as there is a paint chip on both) but PDR the panel flat and touch up will have to do. I'd pull them from the outside but the paint damage makes the risk of pulling the paint instead of the dent much higher, so I'll give it a go from the inside.

If it did get painted, they'd need to do over half the car which I don't really want to do.

The exhaust (Milltek) is not as loud as I thought it would be - I guess the boot lining still having the carpet over it helps but there is loads of road noise from the rear arches now. It also feels more than a touch quicker than before. Praise the gods of weight reduction!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!