Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776015 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9500 on: 22 May 2019, 13:49 »
Got a resonator delete to compliment to longlife stainless steel backbox I got a few months back. Sounds so much better now; purposeful yet not too obnoxious.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9501 on: 22 May 2019, 13:51 »
Got a resonator delete to compliment to longlife stainless steel backbox I got a few months back. Sounds so much better now; purposeful yet not too obnoxious.

Got some good mods going on there!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9502 on: 22 May 2019, 14:10 »

Got some good mods going on there!  :cool:

Quite a few lol. No matter when I think I'm done something else will catch my eye!
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9503 on: 22 May 2019, 14:23 »
Heard it's a slippery slope......!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #9504 on: 23 May 2019, 06:38 »
The car is a 63 plate, previous owner was central London it’s now central Edinburgh so it’s seen a few speed bumps in its time!

It also has DCC which Googling suggests that it’s cars with this fitted that are leaking.

Expensive day.

2 front shock abs and MOT so I’m now £640 lighter.

The shocks have been advisories for the last 2 mots with one being slightly worse than the other so decided to get them done car has only done 27k so pretty poor how long they have lasted.

Not great, but leaking shocks can happen just down to age as well as mileage. I assume you have a 6 year old car?
Maybe so but I know I wouldn't be very happy either if it was mine with that milage as ive a 9yr and a 14yr on original dampers.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9505 on: 23 May 2019, 14:53 »
One of my dipped/mainbeam lights are out so I've just ordered a pair of Osrams. £90?!! For bulbs! Now just got to figure out how to fit them.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9506 on: 24 May 2019, 19:43 »
Fitted my new headlight bulbs today. What an absolute pita :sad: Half way through I had to take a break for some top level swearing. Most of it was dead easy but I couldn't figure out where the last bolt holding the lights was and the bumper needed a lot more of a hard tug than I dared risk until I got a bit desperate to get the job done. Two and a half hours in the end but all sorted and money saved from getting the dealer to do it. Amazed at just how much muck had accumulated in the various hidden areas :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9507 on: 30 May 2019, 07:52 »
I fitted the 034 motorsports dogbone mount upper insert. I have read that in certain circumstances the pendulum arm itself can bend with just the lower insert. I'm fairly sure this would only be if you were giving the car real abuse and I know a lot of people run just the lower insert with no issues, but the upper one wasn't very dear so I fitted it for peace of mind. Fitting instructions were good and it took no more than half an hour. NVH has increased a little, but hopefully this will settle down in the coming weeks.
Also picked up a BMS clutch stop to reduce some of the dead travel in the pedal, but I have yet to fit it.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9508 on: 30 May 2019, 13:27 »
Fitted my new headlight bulbs today. What an absolute pita :sad: Half way through I had to take a break for some top level swearing. Most of it was dead easy but I couldn't figure out where the last bolt holding the lights was and the bumper needed a lot more of a hard tug than I dared risk until I got a bit desperate to get the job done. Two and a half hours in the end but all sorted and money saved from getting the dealer to do it. Amazed at just how much muck had accumulated in the various hidden areas :rolleyes:

Well done for persevering Watts.
I had a message from a friend a few weeks ago when he was mid-way through a xenon bulb change on his JDM Civic where he’d lost the will to live! I think he was taking a scream and swear break too!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9509 on: 30 May 2019, 19:43 »

Well done for persevering Watts.
I had a message from a friend a few weeks ago when he was mid-way through a xenon bulb change on his JDM Civic where he’d lost the will to live! I think he was taking a scream and swear break too!!

Cheers, it really was frustrating though! To anyone else wanting to save some money and change the bulbs themselves, you have to loosen off the bumper as the final bolt is behind it, just below the line of the wing and 3/4s of the way along from the wheel arch. Gnasher has put a guide in the MK7 maintenance section which was very useful. I got my bulbs from a company in Southampton called ABD. Good prices and fast delivery (£90 and arrived the next morning) for oem Osrams.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.