Author Topic: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )  (Read 10072 times)

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
Re: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )
« Reply #10 on: 09 January 2019, 22:06 »
That looks good Mutley.  The Isaac blue is a nice colour. I'm set on the deep black Pearl which I know is a colour which attracts all kinds of dirt. £28k is an excellent price. As mentioned before I'm just happy with the sat nav tartan leather and brascia wheels. On Sunday hopefully going to check some of the local dealers.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2019, 22:41 »
Keep the R32 - much better car, and the noise!   :drool:

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 09 January 2019, 23:09 »
Haha.. thanks Ryan yes the sound is very nice, just the fuel economy isn't good in the R32. Approx 250-275 miles per tank, I think the GTI PP stock I can get 400 miles as an average, and the engine is.lighter, I will miss the grip of the 4 wheel drive but I can get used to that!

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2019, 09:13 »
400miles to a tank is about right and like you say with a remap on one of these you're looking a nice little increase.

That was one of the main reasons in buying a car with this engine. Only thing is, I don't know who to get it mapped by.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2019, 09:55 »
Haha.. thanks Ryan yes the sound is very nice, just the fuel economy isn't good in the R32. Approx 250-275 miles per tank, I think the GTI PP stock I can get 400 miles as an average, and the engine is.lighter, I will miss the grip of the 4 wheel drive but I can get used to that!

Depends on your journey! Mine current average from refuel is 25mpg and full tank will get me circa 300 miles  :undecided:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 10 January 2019, 10:19 »
Bugger buying a new car. I'd keep the R32, as it's value is only going to increase, and buy a 2-3 year old GTI. I know the 7.5 has moved the tech on another stage, but the 7 will feel like a massive leap forward from the Mk4.

Buy a new car and loose a fortune in no time, or keep your appreciating asset which will go a long way to countering the depreciation on a used GTI that will have already lost the biggest chunk of it's money.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2019, 10:32 »
Yes the whole point of these hatchbacks is to enjoy them and the temptation to step on the accelerator is always there. My annual mileage is about 4000.My main concern for the Golf is its always getting largrin its design longer and wider! not sure what the Golf 8 will be like

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2019, 17:29 »
Worth mentioning- dealers have loads of stock atm brand new WLTP GTI PP's

Loads of people cancelled orders because of the waiting times and the cars are all turning up at the dealers. Call round and ask about stock cars and the specs. You can still use the carwow discount applied to a stock car and only wait 1 week for collection  :grin:
This is true. I ordered in the summer, cancelled due to the silly delays, then much to my dealer's surprise it arrived at the dealer a few days before Christmas. My dealer rang me up asking if I still wanted it, and the rest is history. I waited until 2019, but I could have had it in a week.

The others they had were put into their showroom to be sold. If you go into your dealer they will be able to look at what's in group stock on their system.

A word of caution though, the 15%+ discounts that were around at Xmas are already starting to be reduced slowly as we move into the new year, so if you're going to do it, don't hang around. I did however speak to my dealer today and mentioned your hunt for a Black 3Dr with Brescias and Dynaudio, so he's going to look on his system to see what's out there. If he can find one he will also do the excellent deal he gave me, if you're interested.

Good luck.

p.s. A long time ago I had a MK5 R32, whilst the grip (and noise!) was nice, the 7.5 is leagues ahead in terms of feedback, speed and all round ability v economy.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 18:25 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 10 January 2019, 20:04 »
Thanks KM, for that.

Yes I will be checking the dealers this weekend.  Incidentally which dealer did you get your 7.5 from via car wow? When going to a VW showroom do I mention the "Car Wow" deal. Really looking forward to getting the 7.5 PP just getting the right one. Just had the R32 serviced and MOT and need to get the steering wheel realigned tomorrow and that will be the last I spend on maintenance other than petrol and my road tax due this month, still a great drives you mentioned the technology has moved on.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2019, 08:03 »
Yes I will be checking the dealers this weekend.  Incidentally which dealer did you get your 7.5 from via car wow?
I specced my car up on Carwow, DTD and Orangewheels, got the best price, then walked into my preferred dealer and asked what they would/could do. They matched it and then beat it with a few other bits in order to get the business.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.