Author Topic: Wheel Alignment  (Read 2342 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Wheel Alignment
« on: 13 May 2019, 16:03 »
Guys,

Think our steering wheel is slightly out and want to get it corrected, seen that VW charge £280 and im not paying that!, can it be done without the ACC Calibration?

MK7 GTi

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Wheel Alignment
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2019, 16:24 »
I've had mine done without ACC calibration with no issues whatsoever.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2019, 16:25 »

Excellent was it done with Hunter equipment?

MK7 GTi

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2019, 18:53 »
Had mine done recently on a full Hunter set up and haven't had any issues with the Acc. It only needs recalibrating if the centre line of the car is massively adjusted and to be honest if it's massively out then it's probably been crashed. Only real way to tell is get it done and then see if your acc gives you any errors. 90 quid I paid 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2019, 10:15 »

Excellent was it done with Hunter equipment?

Yep, hunter equipment for a full alignment after lowering - they did adjust some things (one of which was a very slightly off centre steering wheel) so would expect you to have no issues.
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

Offline CSS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2019, 10:50 »
I can recommend Ninemeister Porsche in Warrington.  They set up the BAC Monos after build and the guy who did my car used to work for the lotus F1 team.  Wherever you get it done make sure camber is the same both sides and not just within tolerances.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2019, 11:54 »
I can recommend Ninemeister Porsche in Warrington.  They set up the BAC Monos after build and the guy who did my car used to work for the lotus F1 team.  Wherever you get it done make sure camber is the same both sides and not just within tolerances.

I know what you mean - some places might not do this though as (on the front) it would involve unbolting the subframe to move it. Some will (mine did) and some won't.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2019, 16:51 »
Just had this done today, steering wheel and wheels are now spot on, but on way home got the red warning of car in front too close, when there was no car :lipsrsealed: is this normal :sick:

MK7 GTi

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2019, 17:35 »
See if it keeps happening - what you describe can happen any damned time...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2019, 18:58 »
Just had this done today, steering wheel and wheels are now spot on, but on way home got the red warning of car in front too close, when there was no car :lipsrsealed: is this normal :sick:
how much was it out/adjusted by? I'd be amazed if the sensor needs recalibrating. Have you tried cleaning it?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.