Author Topic: A Review Of Polishes By Hand  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Conker

• I live here
Re: A Review Of Polishes By Hand
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2008, 11:05 »
yer its like a net, if that makes sense, just doesnt feel very soft to me, nt wot id expect from a polishing cloth,

is it really worth buying all theese maguires drying mitts and polishing cloths, they seem expensive, is there nowere else you can get the same stuff unbranded for less £Â£Ã‚£???

I think your referring to stockinette (spelling?). In short, the new microfibers are far better, and will work out cheaper overall as you can wash and re-use them.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: A Review Of Polishes By Hand
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2008, 12:00 »
yer its like a net, if that makes sense, just doesnt feel very soft to me, nt wot id expect from a polishing cloth,

is it really worth buying all theese maguires drying mitts and polishing cloths, they seem expensive, is there nowere else you can get the same stuff unbranded for less £Â£Ã‚£???

I think your referring to stockinette (spelling?). In short, the new microfibers are far better, and will work out cheaper overall as you can wash and re-use them.

/\/\ wot he said!

stockinette I would only use for black plastic trim detailing, tyre dressing or perhaps tar removal... used on paintwork you're risking swirl marks

microfibres ftw definnissimo... wash only with a liquid laundry detergent with no fabric conditioner