Author Topic: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo  (Read 32994 times)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: Dizzie - mk2 20v turbo
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2004, 21:58 »
7th October 2004

managed to hoover it out for the first time in months. Also got Dubby to make my dash all shiney with some spray she had.

(she forced me to post this one)
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2004, 18:28 »
17th October 2004

With a day off work and a decent day of welsh weather I decided to first of all wash the car as Ben my flatmate had also said yesterday he was going to wash his polo. so I called into Halfords and picked up a shammy... and some glass polish.... and some carpet cleaner.... and some special cloth things reconmended for the glass cleaner? ;D

I wanted to clean the glass so I could finally stick the 'GolfGTI.co.uk' stickers on that JV sent me a couple of weeks back so this was the perfect time to do that. I've previously been using a carplan glass cleaner that was alright, but decided to try the Autoglym offering. It's awesome. Goes on nice and comes off leaving a crystal clear window. I then stuck the stickers on.

Looks good I think. Was about time I put some stickers on? :-[

While washing and cleaning the car I got bored of waxing so after doing the roof I decided I'd paint my calipers. I can't seem to get any of my wheel nuts undone so I had to do them through the wheels. which isn't really a problem given the hole between the spokes? ;D At first I thought they looked really really pink, but in the pic they look red. I've been told after I've laquered them they'll do a lot reder. We'll see. Here's another pic.

My wheels will be off for a refurb very soon so hopefully I can avoid those kerbs better than the first time! The road is really narrow round my flat  >:(

That's about the lot for today's update. I went on to wax the rest of the car so that's all clean and clean the passenger front window. Got bored then so didnt' do the rest heh.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2004, 00:03 »
15th November 2004

Passed the MOT with flying colours  8)
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2004, 11:25 »
1st December 2004

renewed insurrance - ?660
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2004, 23:01 »
13th December 2004

A side neon has started to fall off and is now only held on with 1 bracket. if I get round to sorting it before fate catches up with it I'll remove all the neons and return to sainity.  :wink:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 16 December 2004, 15:05 »
16th December 2004 (day off work and no rain :D)

Fixed neon...

replaced throttle cable with a 1.6 carb one as recommended. it's about 3 inches longer. After some trial and error with positioning I settled on this arrangement. (see pic) The cable is ok like that, but if I could make another hole just above the silver heat wrap then that would be even better :)

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2005, 21:01 »
5th January 2005

ARGH! Where do I start. horrible start to the new year. Since moving out of my parents I haven't had a lot of money to spend on the car, but now this has happened. I've had an annoying water leak for ages now, but it hasn't really been a major problem until now. When filling the tank up again before leaving work I noticed that the nut that usually holds my engine to the engine mount had sheared off so nothing was holding the engine down in the bay? :cry: here's the picture as that tells 1000 words. I bascially have no money so I'm going to have to groval to my parents or someone to loan me money to replace the mount. Day off tomorrow so I'll try and fix my water problem at least. Also need to get a new oil filter and do a full change while I'm at it. it's all money  :sad:

Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 06 January 2005, 23:16 »
6th January 2005

Paid the garage round the corner ?2 to do what I told them and fix the water leak. they chopped off the leaking part and resealed it so fast the header tank haddn't had time to completely empty! now that's service :smiley:

then a quick trip to GSF, which is 1 mile down the road just to rub it in to everyone who has to mail order their bits got me a shiny (figure of speech) new 16v engine mount ready to replace ASAP. it turns out the 16v one has exactly the same mounting points as the 8v one, but it's a fair bit chunkier and only ?1 dearer? :smiley:

not a bad day on the car front. on the women front I broke up with my girly, but enough of that. more money to spend on car, yay? :cool:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2005, 12:39 »
9th January 2005 (part 1)

in a nutshell...
removed bumper
removed rad fan and boost pipe to gain more access
removed dead engine mount
modified new 16v mount
play called off due to rain
put the kettle on? :grin:

here's some pics so far (with captions).

Dizzie says: see what I mean?
Rich - Londub Today! says: feckin ell!

Radiator fan out of the way I have more room to work

birdseye view
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 10 January 2005, 13:39 »
10th January 2005

well after rain called off play yesterday and then even though it'd stopped the ground was still very wet I decided not to finish the job. So early this morning got the washer cut down to size and bolted it all back together. once again reattaching the bumper was a nightmare, but I got it on eventually after 30 mins. connected up the boost pipe I removed and tested. works a treat. the chunky 16v mount fitting in no problem at all. hopefully it'll be a bit stiffer than the 8v one.
Mk4 Golf 150PD