Author Topic: questions for MOT wee bit urgent  (Read 7200 times)

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
Re: questions for MOT wee bit urgent
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2011, 10:23 »
They are a requirement UNLESS you can see the front repeaters front the side... ie they wrap around the bumper.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2011, 14:11 »
Ok so I have bowed to popular opinion and as I'm not going to be there when it get's MOT'd and have taped them to the wings. :undecided: Who know's, I do have amber lights for them too. If it ends up being an issue I think I will, as mentioned fit the mk3 ones. Haven't seen it done either which would be quite cool too.

Sorted all my electrical issues, or more accurately I sorted most of them and Robert came up and sorted the really difficult one. Turned out to be badly corroded/ butchered loom to blame. Will be replacing it for an uprated item in non too distant so just want it through the MOT.

Fingers crossed

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline mwep201081

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2011, 16:01 »
I haven't got them on mine and mine never fails for it...... :smug:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #13 on: 31 March 2011, 18:35 »
all depends on tester
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline russ-vdub

• I live here
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2011, 19:22 »
^ yeah was guna say if you are "friendly" with someone they would let that slide. Most coppers probs wouldnt know either I guess.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2011, 19:27 »
i know testers that aint bothered about emissions.. sound levels.. quite a few niggly bits but ive known them years.. BUT i would still sort any problems they tell me out as theres no point him passing me on emissions and me never sorting the problem out..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2011, 12:46 »
After staying up till 1am on a school night, having to do a cross town dash to borrow a wheel nuts as x2 went walkies in the garage I dropped it off at the Test station. Will find out tonight.

Spoke to a mate of a mate who is an MOT tester locally and he said if he didn't see them then he wouldn't look for them. So we'll see how it goes as I tidied up the wiring and tucked them back in.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #17 on: 04 April 2011, 08:46 »
did it pass? Ive got my MOT on the 27th May, well thats when it runs out, checked the last one and the only major thing was the read drivers wheel had a dent in it but ive since replaced the wheels anyway

Fingers crossed there wont be anything major to do

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #18 on: 04 April 2011, 23:43 »
Failed :cry:

Nearside front indicator Missing

Offside front indicator Missing

Fuel pump insecure

Sill incompletely welded

Brake pedal spongy

Rear nearside wheel bearing excessive play

Rear offside wheel bearing excessive play

So all those people who say you can get away without having side indacators are talking bollox. Unless it's pre '87

Going in for a retest now i've sorted the wheel bearings, they were just a bit loose. Secured the fuel pump with some stainless cable ties for the short term. Sill was left over from the last guy who attacked the car, sorted now. I've been busy reinstating the indicators, but went for my mk3 ones as i'll fit the ABF too.

I've subsequently ground down and filled them and they do look a lot better. Will look better yet when I have the smoked ones in there but that's all for now... :wink:

Offline mwep201081

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2011, 00:25 »
So all those people who say you can get away without having side indacators are talking bollox. Unless it's pre '87

Hate to say I told you so :grin:  Going by the pictures you've put a lot of work in, which should see her through the re-test :smiley: