Author Topic: What kind of power will I get out of my car?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
What kind of power will I get out of my car?
« on: 20 August 2014, 16:51 »
Hi, I currently have a 2000 plate Mk4 1.8t AGU, which does have some modifications, but I feel like it is lacking a bit of power, so I thought I would bring it here to see what kind of power I can get out of it and how much it will cost me roughly.

Current modifications -
Vr6 / g60 clutch and flywheel
FMIC
pipercross panel filter
decat
Forge 007p recirc valve.
And it has been remapped by R-tech to 180bhp - maf was causing problems,  I've now replaced the maf, and according to the g/s output  it's running at 190-198 bhp.

Annoyingly the previous owner spent loads of money on useless upgrades, without upgrading the turbo to go with them, so the problem I'm facing is what turbo can I get that won't cost too much to upgrade?
The obvious choice is k03s as it's bolt on, but how much power do you think I can get out of it with the current modifications? And what else will I need to upgrade from the k03 to the k03s (tip?)

Thanks
« Last Edit: 20 August 2014, 19:02 by MoMartin »

Offline benmanc

• Here all the time
Re: What kind of power will I get out of my car?
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2014, 19:54 »
search  :lipsrsealed:

Offline benmanc

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2014, 19:55 »
but likely looking around 225ish? with k03s.

Likely worth spending a bit more though and going hybrid.

Guy selling k300 for £550 on one of the groups

That will get you an extra 100 ponies from where you are now

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2014, 20:04 »
I did try to search but i didn't know where to start, in terms of searching. remap and power both dont pull any thing up thats of any use.

and is the k03s the only turbo thats a direct fit to the AGU? or is the k300 also a direct fit?

Offline benmanc

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2014, 22:31 »
Yes it is a direct fit. You will need a bigger tip i think.

But you can get other k03 hybrids which are direct fit that dont need the bigger tip. Less power though. Slightly.

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2014, 23:41 »
Buying a bigger tip isn't a problem it's stuff like the exhaust manifold that I don't particularly want to replace, and I'm  guessing I need bigger injectors and stuff for the k300 too right? 

Offline Scott D

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2014, 00:53 »
You'll need bigger MAF and injectors to go beyond 230

Rest of your mods will be fine with a K03s or hybrid
2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2014, 08:16 »
It all depends on how much you want to get and the amount of money you want to spend.

A K03s as the others have said will see you around the 230 mark normally, and that's a stage 2 remap.
Turbo and remap around the £500 mark

Or you could go hybrid, but you need a new TIP as the others have said and it mapping, add injectors and WMI and your looking at over £1000.

I'm K03s stage 2 and I am only adding WMI now (not for more power though) your not far from me Mo so if you wanted to come and have a drive in mine I am sure we could arrange something  :wink:
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2014, 11:02 »
I'm currently down in Essex, but once I come back up to Manchester, that would be great, though it does look like I have to do a bit more saving first

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2014, 12:16 »
Yeah no worries, just drop me a PM when you are back and we can sort something out, at the end of the day it all comes down to how much power you want and how much you are willing to chuck at it to get it
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)