Author Topic: to buy or not, mk 6 gti  (Read 4961 times)

Offline zolb

• Just got here
to buy or not, mk 6 gti
« on: 19 August 2014, 15:23 »
Hi, so I am in need of a new car, currently have a clio 182 from new that I am reluctant to get rid of but with a baby on the way we need a bigger car and she keeps telling me one with 5 doors :/

I have considered the following cars but cannot fully decide, they are all around the 10k - 12K mark and about 4years old apart from the st.

BMW 325i 2010
Focus ST 2012
Golf GTI 2010
Audi A4 2.0T

I have though about diesel 330d infact but I only do between 8000 - 9000 miles a year with the majority being very short trips.

so I am hoping some one will be able to help me out with advice and how suitable the golf would be.

thanks!

Offline zolb

• Just got here
Re: to buy or not, mk 6 gti
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2014, 20:41 »
Seeing as no one seems to be able to answer and i am really liking the golf can someone answer this for me ?

Just up the road from me there is a 2011 GTI for sale but it has just over 73k on the clock with FSH, possible rep car?, is this considered a high mileage or should it be added to my list of possibilities ?

I know you take a gamble on all cars even more so 2nd hand, what should I be looking for and weary of or should be looking to avoid ?

Offline Daz_G6R

• Not said much yet
  • VW Racing
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2014, 00:46 »
That's high miles pal for a 3yr old car, you can do better than that, you looking in the right places for a GTi, auto trader, PH ? 4 door Gti I'm sure will cover all your needs for babies and performance, your right to keep the Clio. :cool: good luck.  :wink:
Revo Stage 1

Offline zolb

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2014, 10:07 »
Hi, thanks for the reply, I am mainly using Auto Trader, thats where i have seem this one, its only 5miles away from me, also needs to be trade only not a private seller at the moment.

Also looked at some of the car supermarkets suck as Available Car, Car Craft, Motorpoint and some of the local independents, the one i have seem is at available car.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2014, 19:35 »
I've always preferred private if it's one owner from new, they've looked after the car, you won't end up with a lemon like I did
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2014, 19:36 »
oh and defo a mk6 gti out of those cars!

look for one with lower mileage, I'm sure you can find a very tidy one with options for 12k with about 40k on the clock!

Good luck
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2014, 19:49 »
The Golf GTI will be the best all rounder but the A4 will be just as powerful but a lot more practical for family duties. To get the 2.0 TFSI engine more efficient, get it remapped as the extra power means less effort in the lower revs and smoother power delivery hence better economy...

... Provided you keep off the go faster pedal. :whistle:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

VW BUSH

« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2014, 20:38 »
My Dad has a 2.0 TFSI A4 Auto (210bhp), blinding car goes like a rocket :cool:

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2014, 15:37 »
Shame it's an A4 though... Yawn.

Golf would be my call.
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2014, 22:54 »
Think I should stop coming on this site lol go for the bmw. Cost more on parts and services but thats probably because they are better cars. Am I bias? Yes maybe. Ive had 3 vw golfs and a audi a4. Ive only had two bmw's and they just are better cars.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr