Author Topic: Rate my paintwork quote please? Good or not??  (Read 2693 times)

Offline xAntiVenxm

• GTI forum regular
Rate my paintwork quote please? Good or not??
« on: 16 August 2014, 12:30 »
Soooo like pretty much all mk3 owners i need some rust fixed!!

Thankfully know a welder who is going to fix both front sills, and passenger floorpan for about £80, depending how much has to be ground back. I know i'm getting a great price there so very happy.

Unfortunately though, the wings are starting to rot where they connect to said rusty sills and I'm not experienced with getting paint quotes to know whats good and whats not!

For Painting & fitting 2x Wings in VW Mystic Blue - £300

If I want him to blend them in - + £100

Anyone been quoted better or is this the usual going rates for it? It's the bodyshop recommended by my welder friend so thought i'd ask around before getting quotes elsewhere!

Thanks  :smiley:

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Re: Rate my paintwork quote please? Good or not??
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2014, 13:56 »
Just get quotes from 3 places and then you can see if the prices is right. Then you just pick based on quality, service, price etc.

Hard to say if that's good or not as it depends where you are in the country, if he is going to do a proper job or not etc etc
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline clancy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2014, 22:35 »
try quotes for just having the wings painted ? as fitting them is very easy, you could do that part yourself to save some money
MK3 GTI 16v

Offline xAntiVenxm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2014, 22:42 »
Just get quotes from 3 places and then you can see if the prices is right. Then you just pick based on quality, service, price etc.

Hard to say if that's good or not as it depends where you are in the country, if he is going to do a proper job or not etc etc

Plan to do that this week!  :smiley:

try quotes for just having the wings painted ? as fitting them is very easy, you could do that part yourself to save some money

Is it??

I was sure the wings were glued on as well as bolted?? haven't got a blowtorch to heat them.. and then need to be re-glued on don't they?