Author Topic: Wheel Tracking on the Golf  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Nimrod

• Not said much yet
Wheel Tracking on the Golf
« on: 24 September 2003, 14:45 »
Does anyone else here have the following problem with their golf.  Ever since I got my '02 PD150 GTi (brand new), it tracks to the left when you let the steering wheel go, it's not severe but it's enough to be annoying.

I've seen other forums/websites and I've noticed other people have reported the same problem with the mk 4 golf, and that when they took it to the garage to be rectified, they never seemed to be able to fix it.  As mine is having it's first service on monday I was wondering whether I should get my hopes up of getting it fixed.

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re:Wheel Tracking on the Golf
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2003, 15:55 »
I've never had the balls to let go of the steering wheel - mine's always torque steering all over the place!!!

On the basis that mine doesn't do that (and we have exactly the same car) one could draw the conclusion that it is not an inherent fault with the car, and is therefore repairable.

I am on second set of front tyres, and the original fronts showed no signs of dodgy/weird wearing, so if you report it to the dealer they should be able to locate and fix it.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel