Author Topic: mattyfairbro240579 - Mk4 20vT in white!  (Read 58554 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
mattyfairbro240579 - Mk4 20vT in white!
« on: 22 November 2009, 17:51 »
Here you go dude.  :cool:

edit for new owner mattyfairbro240579
« Last Edit: 16 July 2013, 12:36 by jv »

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
Re: Hulmie - Mk4 20vT in white!
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2009, 18:46 »
Cheers Chris

Right, where to start.

After losing my pride and joy back in april, i had the hard choice as to whether get another Golf 1.8T or try something else. End of the day i enjoyed my Golf and had been the best car i had owned i decided to get another. So after scouting about i came to find this lovely Candy White 1.8T for sale on the forum.

W reg
84000 miles
FSH
3 Lady Owners
and only mod was the alloys

After having the car 1 day i decided something was missing, yes thats right POWER.

So with my redundancy money i decided to let the boys at R-Tech work there magic

Work done

R-Tech Stage 2 K03 re-map
Cat Back Milltek Exhaust with 100mm Anni tailpipe
Forge 007p
3" Downpipe and De-cat

Put the car on the rollers after work was done and produced 197bhp  :grin:

During the first couple of weeks i noticed that the bodywork needed a good detail as it look liked a rear caliper and stuck on at some point and the back of the car was cxovered in brake dust. So out came the meguiars, clay bar, wax, wheel cleaner, Metal Polish and Engine degreaser.

After getting it looking its best i decided the engine bay needed something as it looked dull

So on went Forge TIP and fitted my pipercross panel filter i got from R-Tech. Then painted the engine covers White & Red (not the best job but it'll do for time being).

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2009, 18:49 »
Next up was time to clean them calipers and get some paint on them.

So bit of hard cleaning a some Hammerite Smmoth Red, heres how they came out

Also found this video of my car on the rollers after the remap

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2009, 18:54 »
After having a few running problems and power feeling down i visited R-tech so they could have a look.

Me and Topher went out for a blast to see what the engine was doing and found the throttle was only half open when my foot was to the floor. So back to the pits and Chris n nick adjusted the throttle body and bam power back to how it should be 198bhp and 224lb/ft torque.

Whilst i was there thought it would be worth upgrading the Dog Mount bush to help reduce engine movement. So they fitted a nice new Forge Dog Mount Bush kit ( Was a laugh watching them trying to press the bushes into place. COWBOYS.lol). once this was fitted you could notice the difference it made.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2009, 18:57 »
Well just yesterday i decided to change the thermostat and put some new G12 coolant in. Car had been running well down on temperature and fuel consumption was down aswell. So after 1 and half hours, 3 cuts and a snapped Allen bit it was all done. Running temp now back to normal and the power has returned due to correct fuelling.

Also purchased 2 Wing Mirror covers in black, Forge Carbon Fibre engine cover, Audi R8 oil cap and best of all a K03s turbo.

So keep coming back as i will be updating this thread very soon and adding new pictures.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2009, 10:39 »
Well the first of my upgrades/mods arrived about 10 mins ago

Thanks to Bav.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2009, 13:56 »
Second delivery of the day has just arrived.

My new genuine Audi R8 oil cap

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2009, 12:21 »
Well with the weather being decent for most of the day yesterday i decided to spend some time on the car. Gave it a good clean and wax, then cleaned the inside.

Then put my black wing mirror covers on, these will come off once i spray my old ones black so theres no scratches. But here's an idea of how it looks.

Then thought would give the engine bay a quick clean and fit my carbon engine cover and Audi R8 oil cap, was getting abit dark so didnt get chance to give the bay a good clean.

Now just waiting for my black grille to arrive then can spray that the same black as the wing mirror covers.

Car is now booked in to have a K03s turbo fitted and remapped at R-Tech next week, so will post results once done.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2009, 11:21 »
Well just been and got all the nuts, bolts, gaskets & washer for the turbo conversion along with 2 bottles of G12 and oil, filter and sump plug.

Cant wait now.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2009, 12:24 »
Right, been abit slack lately and not updated this thread.

First off, the K03s is now fitted and the original actuator has been replaced with a Forge actuator. However when we put the car on the rollers we found it still wasnt strong enough so just waiting for R-Tech to get the new uprated one in from Forge and then it'll be back again to have it fitted and mapped up to its potential. For the time being though the car feels more responsive and it deffo makes a difference.

Also been freezing me nuts off the last few days in the garage preppin  and priming my wing mirror covers ready to be sprayed black, also going to be doing me spare grille aswell.

1st stage of wing mirror covers