Author Topic: Insurance companies & questionable responsibility & ethics.  (Read 8133 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
I have 4 years and 21 haha :D

Is it definitely noted down right?   There was a recent story Sky insurance posted about the red audi quattro DTM just being down as a 2.0 TSFI, yet only 500 or something DTMs were made.

It most likely is noted as that. Lots of cars are simply noted down as their engine type and not if they are special edition etc etc both in your service book and on the V5

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Scarr, just admit it, you are jealous as funk that your brother has an RS6 and you have a a mere 130bhp!

:grin:

Insurance companies only care about one thing and thats money

I want to know what daft cnut gave him such a good deal!!!!

Yes to both of the above, I guess.

It just grinds me gears that getting insurance on a car like that is so accessible, especially for someone as young; and especially when I am paying £600 for a dub with less than 200 ponies!  :shocked:

We wouldn't insure a 21 year on on an RS6 but 21 with 4 years NCB speaks volumes.. it rare 21 year olds have that sort of NCB level.

Fair play to him I say.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

4 years NCB is good right? I'd have thought that would be almost standard nation wide? Or me being naive thinking it is easy to get NCB... :undecided:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
4 years NCB is good right? I'd have thought that would be almost standard nation wide? Or me being naive thinking it is easy to get NCB... :undecided:

if well advised its good, my daughter has it but i MADE her insure her own car from the day she bought it, even before passing her test. 22 and 5 years NCB

however, a LOT of people go down the fronting route driving on their parents policy as a named driver so no no claims.  My son is doing this on his g/friends parents, he wont learn so he is 20 with no NCB.

he has got himself to a position to enjoy his motoring lifestyle.  Let Him

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4

4 years NCB at 21 is very good, as Chuff says very few 17 year olds can afford to have an insurance policy in their own name to build up NCB.

Combine that with some of the statistics floating around, e.g. 27% of 17-19 year old male drivers have a crash within the first year of driving, for someone to get to 21 without having an accident says a considerable amount about their driving.

That said, I'm 25 with 6 years NCB, the only reason it isn't 8 years is that I wasn't in a position to be able to insure a car at 17.

I say all credit to your brother for doing it while he can, as soon as he has to start paying a mortgage/rent and all the bills that come with moving away from home he might not be able to.

Offline skyinsurance

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular

It's rare to see a 21 year old male with 4 years NCB.

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
I reckon the OP is taking this to far...least your brother has insurance..he has a car he wants...and can afford to run it...that's surely the end of it...ethical or not...its happening..
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Sibling rivalry/jealosy! :grin:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

jamie16v

howcome you are paying £600 on a 130bhp vw?. how old are you, how much NCB do you have, did you shop around?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
howcome you are paying £600 on a 130bhp vw?. how old are you, how much NCB do you have, did you shop around?

That is what I'm getting at. Where is the comparison?

Yes I shopped around and I'm 23 with 5yr NCB & 1 claim...I guess it is the 'mods' which I have that insurance companies aren't keen on.

I am aware that insurance is really tough to get for a new drivers etc but WTF is the comparison to a 21 yr old driving a car like that?!

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Largely due to risk, so perhaps RS6 drivers are statistically very safe...
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley: