Author Topic: Got my new door on, BUT  (Read 607 times)

Offline Vdubbster

• I live here
Got my new door on, BUT
« on: 18 October 2008, 20:03 »
Guys, Finally fitted another door I got hold of. Problem is however that the paint is darker than mine.
Its the same paint code, still not happy lol.

Sorry for shi77y pic, off the phone. but take a look

you can see it in the bottom pic better. However I did t-cut the door before fitting it where as the rest of the car is ditched
« Last Edit: 18 October 2008, 20:10 by Vdubbster »

kells

Re: Got my new door on, BUT
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2008, 20:22 »
dude was gonna mention you may have a prob but didnt wanna piss on your fire, my mate had new doors on his DG mk 3 and they were all different, got them a bit better with T cut etc... at least yours is only 1 door not all of them

green is the up their with the worst colours for fading etc, but his were so far out i  we think they had been repainted at some point

try the polish etc on the rest of the car see what you can do, how noticable is it in the flesh, bearing in mind not everyone will know you have changed the door so may not be noticable to others if that makes sense?

Offline Vdubbster

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2008, 20:40 »
Yeh, I know the score with matching the colour up. But I do prefer it to the disgusting dent before.

Its not that noticeible, however im sure all of us guys on here would spot it. Its worst where it meets the wing as apposed to the rear quarter.

I will be giving it a good clean and polish the week and will post a better side profile pic.

Oh yeh Kells, my professional star keys worked ;-) lol

kells

« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2008, 20:47 »
hehe glad the keys worked, did for me too :)

Offline leegt5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2008, 22:42 »
The door you stuck on has it had paintwork before that you can make out ?? Or has your car had paintwork and the door original paintwork ??

Offline Vdubbster

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2008, 23:38 »
Mine is all original, Ive looked at the door while off the car and seemed original also.

thinking of getting it resprayed soon along with another panel.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2008, 23:48 »
I know with diamond black there are about 8 different shades despite all being lc9z paint code!! maybe the green is the same?? seems likely with vw!!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk