Author Topic: Timing Chain tensioner Failure List (timing issue)- Please Update with Your Info  (Read 362521 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
i think it only ECS that have a kit other than VW
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55992
Theres a list of parts needed on the thread DIY above. Ive not checked if its correct yet though.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
I will check with VW and report back with prices and part numbers

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Great new fellas,  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

VW Crosshills called, they have started work on my car 3 days early. They have indeed found that my chain was slack and needs replacing.

The better new its not going to cost me a pennie. VW will pay for the part and the warranty company will pay for the labour.

I cant speak highly enough of VW Crosshills, after speaking with Ben on the phone for 15 mins (who has a MK5 GTI) i feel totally at ease with them working on my car and if anyone lives within 50 miles of them i would defo recommend traveling to get great service and peace of mind.

Can finally stop stressing  :rolleyes:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
Great new fellas,  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

VW Crosshills called, they have started work on my car 3 days early. They have indeed found that my chain was slack and needs replacing.

The better new its not going to cost me a pennie. VW will pay for the part and the warranty company will pay for the labour.

I cant speak highly enough of VW Crosshills, after speaking with Ben on the phone for 15 mins (who has a MK5 GTI) i feel totally at ease with them working on my car and if anyone lives within 50 miles of them i would defo recommend traveling to get great service and peace of mind.

Can finally stop stressing  :rolleyes:

Good news mate can't beat that for a turnaround. Also adds some weight behind the symptoms I reckon my bet would of been on for a Feb failure!!

Think I'll have to looks these guys up for next service as long as there up for price negation then my cars in  :smiley:
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
Great result Ross, you can now rest easy, how long did it take them to do the job?
Ringing Ben in the morning even though mine does not sound bad think I may aswell get it done.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Great result Ross, you can now rest easy, how long did it take them to do the job?
Ringing Ben in the morning even though mine does not sound bad think I may aswell get it done.

They havent done it yet, Neil (C3P0) is having his done first (today or tomorrow) and then mine is getting done. Cant complain, free courtesy car for 8 days   :smiley:

Offline Rossc0

• Not said much yet
O/P just for info my mileage at the time of failure was 42k and it happened 8th June 2013

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
Good news, will be ringing Ben in the morning, as whilst I like the fuel consumption of the polo, I bought a GTI for a reason :grin:

So pleased that you found the experience a positive one, and I know Ben would be pleased to hear it. They keep winning dealership of the year for a reason. :cool:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Poached

• I live here
I had had enough of the Polo VW gave me, nearly 4 weeks in car that felt very disconnected from the road and a soft suspension.