Author Topic: Insurance and young mk4 owners  (Read 3357 times)

Offline tittlz

• Just got here
Re: Insurance and young mk4 owners
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2006, 18:49 »
try www.greenlight.co.uk they beat all quotes i got from other companies by £400

Offline xs2man

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2006, 01:47 »
That is FAR too much to be paying for insurance considering your stats.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Admiral.  My cousin was with them, and when her neighbour STOLE her car (no keys or anything), they refused to pay out because she knew them.  Then turned round and charged her storage etc...

Didn't matter that he was repoted to police or anything, just that she knew where he lived????

Nah, I wouldn't touch any of their policies.  All sounds good (well, not for you), until you need to make a claim.

And that greenlight link?  All I get is a "search engine optimiser"???
« Last Edit: 06 August 2006, 01:49 by xs2man »

Offline tittlz

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2006, 15:45 »

Offline Cheeky Monkey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2006, 08:23 »
I think I'll check around again come January. I've been with Admiral for quite a few years now and get the whole package, I'm just wondering what greenlightinsurance can offer thou!!

I used confused.co.uk to search for the cheapest quote as it does all the searching for ya.

Quinn Direct was much cheaper and based in Ireland but they don't offer breakdown, windscreen cover in their price :-(

Offline xs2man

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2006, 17:28 »
Confused is okay, but my cousin falls into that trap aswell.  They say they check everyone for the best quote, but I can ALWAYS find cheaper.

Having said that, the Autotraders insurance search has always bee VERY close to the cheapest I've managed to get, and this year I went with a quote I got from the kwik fit insurance website.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/motoring/ins/insurance-centre.jsp
http://www.kwik-fitinsurance.com/

Both of them were REALLY close, and easily £200 less than anywhere else.  Having said that, I think both quotes were from the same company, just kwikfit took less commission or something.

Anyway, try them, they were invaluable to me when deciding what car to go for.  They were only £850 for an M3, wow.

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2006, 17:49 »
Im 22 v reg 1.8t with mods (front valance, skirts,rear valance, wheels, exhaust)

1 NCD but  4 points

driving 5 years

me and the misses £900 full comp

Garaged, social only less than 7k a year (actually only done 2k in 6 months so far)

Thats with elephant but its up for renewal in october so i'll shop around, next cheapest from that was about £1700 if i remember!!!
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline mk316valver

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 08 August 2006, 02:22 »
Just tried the Autotrader quote. Cheapest came in at £325 with a huge £450 XS. I'm currently with Bell Direct and pay only £290 Fully Comp & Protected with £150 XS. My vehicle is a 98' 1.8T and I have full no claims and the missus on aswell (both 30) with no convictions (somehow!) and no accidents. Looks like I did OK. :smiley:

Offline posicarl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 12 August 2006, 11:59 »
25 Years old
5 years no claims
3 points
02 25th anniversary gti
Fully comp £430

with Churchill

Would of been £310 if it was a normal gti, them bastid BBS wheels strike again!!