Author Topic: Any one from Wolverhampton  (Read 3176 times)

Offline allymac

• Not said much yet
Re: Any one from Wolverhampton
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2019, 13:51 »
Clubsport yes that is the car, spec is an odd one alright Iasked about the plaque and knew nothing about it and did not want too know when I aske dhim to maybe follow it up through the previous owner. Hard to motivate this guy his video cam through a text message and of no use whats so ever.

Dea I am after a red 3 door and ther are not a lot of those coming on the market, any amount of whites, prefer the buckets yes but this has the all important DCC is 3 door and red.

Offline allymac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2019, 14:08 »
Should really just keep looking as the car was for sale 6 weeks ago and they sold it while I was asking about it...fair play and all that I suppose some one got in before me.

Just wondering why it is back for sale now, again I asked on Tuesday and waiting on that info as well, maybe perfectly good answer to the question or has it been rejected, that#s why a set of eyes on it may be a good thing.
Due to health issues I cannot get over too view myself.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2019, 14:19 »
I have followed that car on autotrader, it seems to follow the car supermarket type model of reducing by £100 each week it doesn't sell?

The plaque is easily located on the inside just below the drivers door mirror.

Red CS do seem quite rare. I bought mine on the basis that if I missed it, I could take ages looking for one!

I am not actively looking to sell, but would always consider a strong offer on my Red/black, 3 door CS, DCC, buckets, 19" wheels, <8k miles.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2019, 14:29 »
I have followed that car on autotrader, it seems to follow the car supermarket type model of reducing by £100 each week it doesn't sell?

The plaque is easily located on the inside just below the drivers door mirror.

Red CS do seem quite rare. I bought mine on the basis that if I missed it, I could take ages looking for one!

I am not actively looking to sell, but would always consider a strong offer on my Red/black, 3 door CS, DCC, buckets, 19" wheels, <8k miles.

Smooth pitch.... dangle that bait!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline allymac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2019, 14:40 »
I did tell him the location of the plaque but it either isn't there or well dare I say it. I hadn't noticed it for sale again until now. Starting to go off this car.

Thanks for the offer, will wait for one to come up for sale than offer on a man's pride and joy in case you regret it lol  I know it is a waiting game finding the exact car but not stuck and bad time of year any way, although if this can be bought at right price I will take a stab.....I will offer a bit below there asking and see how it fairs out, if it has no hidden history and a sales man actually wants too sell the car.  It is a cash sale so could be tied up fairly quickly and one less unit sitting on their lot.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 December 2019, 14:48 »
I hope it worls out for you. I will be surpised if you get much off the price, maybe £100 if it hangs around for another week?
The lack of incentive for the sales staff, may explain the reluctance to return calls?

I would want to see the condition of the car before buying, from the photos, the wheels look to be in good condition, but the dirty tailpipes don't give the initial impression the car has been coveted by the previous owner or prepared by the seller?

Good luck!

Offline allymac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2019, 15:38 »
Tried phoning again there and you go through their head office, car has had 1 service @23 or 26k he didn't exactly know, wanted all my details again and said I am in the system and waiting on a return call from Tuesday he said he tried to get the branch but no one answering so I said just leave it.

Maybe they are selling 100 units a week and the golf is of zero concern sitting there, maybe why it hasn't already gonw....but getting less of a fell for the car now.  Hard to beat from a private seller when you are in a decent position of having the cash in your pocket, Volkswizzard has a nice TCR  maybe go for that :whistle:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 11 December 2019, 15:53 »
Tried phoning again there and you go through their head office, car has had 1 service @23 or 26k he didn't exactly know, wanted all my details again and said I am in the system and waiting on a return call from Tuesday he said he tried to get the branch but no one answering so I said just leave it.

Maybe they are selling 100 units a week and the golf is of zero concern sitting there, maybe why it hasn't already gonw....but getting less of a fell for the car now.  Hard to beat from a private seller when you are in a decent position of having the cash in your pocket, Volkswizzard has a nice TCR  maybe go for that :whistle:

Always inspect any car yourself personally a sales man will throw any bullsh!t to get your money and some dealers prep there cars for sale using idiots that think using the jet wash cleans the seats is a good idea  I’ve seen it done many of times then just stuck in a paint booth to dry  :grin:
« Last Edit: 11 December 2019, 17:02 by barrym381 »

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 11 December 2019, 16:41 »

It sounds like a lease car with that service schedule. All that means to me is I would need to look over it more than a privately owned car that had been serviced every year.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 11 December 2019, 16:45 »
Is that the red 3 door Dsg at the Ford dealership?

To the OP, and there is the problem. A Ford dealership selling a limited run enthusiasts car.

Most salespeople are clueless about their own marque so expecting him to have any knowledge on this is extremely hopeful!!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey