Author Topic: Best recorded MPG for GTI  (Read 11324 times)

Online Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Re: Best recorded MPG for GTI
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2018, 11:14 »

Good to hear. I’m seriously considering it but was a bit concerned about traction but I guess it’s just a matter of learning to drive the car again. My MPG is still around the 30 mark, 9,000 miles on the click now. I was able to get 39/40 in my S3 so the Clubsport mapping must be something to do with it?

I had a lack of traction in the first three gears with the P-Zero's on but now I've got PS4S's on it's much less of an issue. Once they're warmed up you really can lay it down well. Maybe the remap improves economy slightly but if you could get 39/40 in an S3 then you should get at least that or more in a CS due to less weight to pull around.

I’ve still got the 18 inch BS that came with the car but due a change soon. I’ve been reading a lot into tyres so looking at the PS4 when ready. Yea 39/40 was on a 3 hour drive atvsteady speed but didn’t get that often. Lol
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #31 on: 14 July 2018, 11:31 »
I’ve still got the 18 inch BS that came with the car but due a change soon. I’ve been reading a lot into tyres so looking at the PS4 when ready. Yea 39/40 was on a 3 hour drive atvsteady speed but didn’t get that often. Lol

I don't think you can get PS4S's in 18" but you can certainly get something better than the BS you have now. I very rarely get above 40 mpg, just when I want to it can do it.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Online Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 14 July 2018, 12:13 »

I don't think you can get PS4S's in 18" but you can certainly get something better than the BS you have now. I very rarely get above 40 mpg, just when I want to it can do it.

Looking at thePS4. They seem to get a decent review and come in 18’s. Thinking about getting the Revo done in winter when they usually have their discount. I’m not overly bothered about the MPG but if going stage 1 improves it then it’s a bonus along with the extra power and torque.😁
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2018, 13:15 »
I think you'll still find a decent improvement in grip with PS4's and I had mine remapped at the discounted rate, think I got 10 or 15% off...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Online Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2018, 13:47 »
I think you'll still find a decent improvement in grip with PS4's and I had mine remapped at the discounted rate, think I got 10 or 15% off...

Not a bad discount that. Grip isn’t too bad with the BS with the decent weather but when the temperature drops they are quite bad. Definitely need to swap them out. Thanks for all your advice mate. Cheers.👍🏻

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 09 August 2018, 07:54 »
Wow... got to be happy with this. Sadly had a death in the family recently and the funeral was yesterday down in the east of London (well Chingford in Essex). Filled the GTI to the brim with Tesco's finest momentum, and off we set from deepest darkest Cheshire. M6, A50, M1, M25, A10 all 206 miles each way (so 412 overall).

Now motorways were usually quite heavy with seamingly endless 50mph stretches (although very few hold ups), so the max I ever really got to was around 73mph, with 65-70 the norm, and as said, plenty of 50mph speed controlled areas (which the adaptive cruise control is great for). Only real delays were coming off the M25 and driving into Chingford on the A10 and A110 which was very heavy both ways with crawling traffic.

Driving mode set to individual (DCC - comfort, Engine - Normal, ACC - Sport, Engine noise - sport, Climate Control - Eco). Air-con on for about half the journey and 3 adults up in the car. Now considering my GTD would average about 56mpg over the same sort of journey, I'm staggered that the GTI came so relatively close (especially as it had only 1400 miles on it when I started the journey), and my car is running 19" alloys and the DSG gearbox.

Filled her back up just after the photograph was taken (2nd click of the pump) - £50.27 (£1.299 / litre) = 38.70l (8.513 gall) = a true MPG of 49.1 - so the computer is pretty accurate. Well happy. I didn't replace the GTD with the GTI for ultimate economy, but based upon those figures, I'm not giving up much. As I expected, (like the GTD), the GTI was a supreme long distance cruiser, and at each destination I got out with no leg or back ache at all. It really is a great all rounder and loving it more and more as the miles go on.

(please excuse fingerprints on the screen - it was a long journey with lots of screen touching  :laugh:)
« Last Edit: 09 August 2018, 08:01 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 09 August 2018, 09:08 »
Outstanding effort, Sooty!
You just beat mine. I suspect that with a bit more motorway in my trip I could catch ya!

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 09 August 2018, 10:19 »
Wonder if something is wrong with our car, best we are seeing on the computer is 27mpg :shocked: although most of my wifes driving is around town :rolleyes:

MK7 GTi

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 09 August 2018, 10:23 »
Mid twenties is about right for town driving.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 10 August 2018, 06:39 »
Wonder if something is wrong with our car, best we are seeing on the computer is 27mpg :shocked: although most of my wifes driving is around town :rolleyes:

Probably your right foot  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA