Author Topic: Lift foot off accelerator warning  (Read 1834 times)

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
Lift foot off accelerator warning
« on: 21 April 2021, 16:17 »
Hey, I think I saw a post somewhere about the 'lift foot off accelerator' warning that appears when you approach roundabouts, etc., does anyone know how to turn these off? It was bugging me earlier, a lot of nearby roundabouts and it would tell me to lift off around 1km away from the thing :rolleyes:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Lift foot off accelerator warning
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2021, 16:23 »
Although a pain in the derrière most of the time it is occasionally beneficial when you are on unfamiliar roads warning you of a speed limit change, junction or roundabout approaching that you can’t actually see.
For this reason I’ve kept mine.
Shame the bloody DSG TCU doesn’t take any notice of the warning so it can line up an appropriate gear in advance but hey ho!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2021, 16:36 »
Although a pain in the derrière most of the time it is occasionally beneficial when you are on unfamiliar roads warning you of a speed limit change, junction or roundabout approaching that you can’t actually see.
For this reason I’ve kept mine.
Shame the bloody DSG TCU doesn’t take any notice of the warning so it can line up an appropriate gear in advance but hey ho!

That is a fair point, and I guess it isn't very obstructive in how it is displayed, something to get used to I guess :grin: thanks.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2021, 17:01 »

Shame DSG didn't get GPS as well.... seem to remember such things being part of an (illegal) world superbike Yamaha one year...or maybe that was just suspension... but it did use gps to adjust the bike for each corner.... with incredible results.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2021, 23:39 »
Hey, I think I saw a post somewhere about the 'lift foot off accelerator' warning that appears when you approach roundabouts, etc., does anyone know how to turn these off? It was bugging me earlier, a lot of nearby roundabouts and it would tell me to lift off around 1km away from the thing :rolleyes:

I am sure there's an Eco setting in the Infotainment menu that controls these alerts, which you can turn off. Unfortunately, I can't check on mine tonight, as it's back at the dealers.
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2021, 12:41 »

I am sure there's an Eco setting in the Infotainment menu that controls these alerts, which you can turn off. Unfortunately, I can't check on mine tonight, as it's back at the dealers.

You can turn off Eco tips, but it doesnt seem to turn those specific warnings off. Agree they are slightly distracting.