Author Topic: How long from order to getting build week?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
How long from order to getting build week?
« on: 08 March 2019, 10:44 »
Hey guys,

Ordered my new GTi about 3 weeks ago now and was wondering how long it usually takes before you get a build week in the myvw app?

The wait is already killing me lol, i know, impatient, but im excited!!!  :grin:

Was just interested in what other people found with their orders, cheers!

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: How long from order to getting build week?
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2019, 14:48 »
I did a deal, a couple of weeks ago, on a car which was built and in transit. The dealer gave me the order number, but said that it may be a couple of days before the tracker picked up that he had released the car to me. It was actually a week before the tracker recognised my order number and confirmed that my car was in transit, stage 5A, en route to Emden. A couple of days later I got an update on the app to say that it was at stage 5B, awaiting a boat. Emailed my dealer and mentioned this, to which he replied that the car was actually in Grimsby, so at stage 6, awaiting a transporter to him! That was last  Tuesday, so I’m awaiting the phone call to go see it.
The tracker has always been like this. Let’s just say that it’s a low priority for VW.

Your dealer’s tracker is more reliable. Better to check with him.
« Last Edit: 08 March 2019, 14:52 by Talk-torque »
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2019, 22:54 »
It depends: With my GTI last year, it took just 8 days from "with factory" to "build week confirmed.
With my GTD in 2016, it took 21 days...
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2019, 23:50 »
I ordered mine first week in January. Build week was confirmed as 18/02 about a week later. The online tracker showed that at stage 2 and that’s where it sat until the dealer phoned me on 28/02 to say it had arrived and arranged a collection date.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline G1ARM

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2019, 07:46 »
Ordered my GTI PP, White with Brescia wheels and 90% tints on Christmas Eve - expensive present to myself. Tracker app took a couple of weeks to sort then got a build week of 11/02. Jumped more of less straight to 5A that week, then a week later had a tick in box 6, sort of indicating it was in the UK. Then last week got a text to say it was now at 5b so queried with dealer who only emailed back only to say it was at Emden docks on the 13th Feb.
So in short, it's still in transit somewhere - like you, impatient and want it now  :smiley:

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2019, 07:55 »
Seems to be somebody’s part time job to update the thing, manually. If only it was automatically driven by what the dealers get at their desks, it would be reliable and useful. It’s always been like this, though, so unlikely to change anytime soon.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline alfiejts

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2019, 19:37 »
I ordered a manual GTI in October and it went straight to confirmed build week within a week of placing the order.

I then cancelled the order and ordered a DSG GTI instead at the start of November and it was Christmas before I got a confirmed build week.

When I placed the revised order, the salesman said that his system suggested it was to be built in 3rd week of January - and that's exactly what happened - but I was made to wait for nearly 8 weeks for the system to confirm that to me...

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2019, 21:33 »
... of course, DSGs always take longer, as there is a higher demand for them... And as you most probably know, GTD, R, TCR can't be specified with manual any longer...
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline alfiejts

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2019, 08:35 »
... of course, DSGs always take longer, as there is a higher demand for them... And as you most probably know, GTD, R, TCR can't be specified with manual any longer...

It actually didn't take any longer from placing the order to the car actually being built between the manual and the DSG. The difference was that I had the build week confirmed just one week after placing the first order (8 weeks before it was due to be built), whereas for the DSG, I had to wait seven weeks for them to confirm the build week and it was only confirmed ten days before the car was actually built...)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2019, 15:35 »

It actually didn't take any longer from placing the order to the car actually being built between the manual and the DSG. The difference was that I had the build week confirmed just one week after placing the first order (8 weeks before it was due to be built), whereas for the DSG, I had to wait seven weeks for them to confirm the build week and it was only confirmed ten days before the car was actually built...)

But was that delay because they were waiting for stock allocation of a DSG unit?
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership