Author Topic: Direct bolt on k04-023 for the AGU ARZ AUM AUQ engines 280bhp 280lbft  (Read 22545 times)

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
it's up to you to pipe them up lads, but anything can be made to work yes. using the ko4 comp housing means it'll come out in a slightly diffrent orientation, I'm not sure if Dan welds the ko3 outlet kink onto the ko4 housing or not, but either way, it wouldn't be difficult to adapt with a few bits of silicon.

Dan, I had no idea you were on here! Seen your username loads of time and had no clue it was you :)

TOop result matey :)

Offline littco

• Here all the time
This is a picture of the exact turbo.

It's a direct k03 bolt on

Offline mar_k

• I live here
How much are these turbo's?

Would it be on an exchange basis?
If it is exchange what would the cost be exchanging a k03s turbo?

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
That's interesting Dan, I see you've clocked the housing and welded the 90 degree outlet from the ko3 com housing onto the ko4 cold side :)

Impressive stuff. Custom actuator bracket too given the clocked housing?

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
Intrested in exchange basis  :grin:
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
you've just thrown my idea of leaving it alone once mapped wide open, stop doing this to me :cry:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
you've just thrown my idea of leaving it alone once mapped wide open, stop doing this to me :cry:

Stop kidding your self, that is why you frequent the forum so often!  :whistle:

Offline littco

• Here all the time
That's interesting Dan, I see you've clocked the housing and welded the 90 degree outlet from the ko3 com housing onto the ko4 cold side :)

Impressive stuff. Custom actuator bracket too given the clocked housing?

Yes clocked housing and then k03 outlet is welded on to give an indentical k03 fitment. K04 housing is obviously bigger so it needs modifying to fit and the actuator bracket is a stock one but redrilled to fit and give correct movement on the waste gate.

Turbine housing is machined and ported to flow better and be less restrictive

While the turbo makes the power it's definitely down to the other parts and the map that gives it the performance it gained.

I believe 300bhp is achievable all be it a different spec ie comp wheel.

Offline optispart

• Not said much yet
how do i get my hands on one of theseee
mk4 monster starts here

Offline littco

• Here all the time
Pm me please