Author Topic: Vdub-Dj - 8v GTI  (Read 4969 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Vdub-Dj - 8v GTI
« on: 26 April 2011, 16:58 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Vdub-Dj

• GTI forum regular
Re: Vdub-Dj - 8v GTI
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2011, 17:29 »
Ive already started this in the dub rides section but i also have this post aswell now so i think ill duel post this project! thanks JV :wink:

Ok so ive had my 8 valver for over a year now and i think its about time i started doing a bit of work on her. When i bought the car a year ago she had 86000 on the clock and looked very clean apart from a couple on dings on the front wings and bonnet.

I wasnt really put off by it though as other than than she was pretty clean with a working full leather vr6 heated interior. The best bit was i managed to gut the guy down to £450 for her. Heres what she looked like when i first got her.

Shortly after buying her i had a mate of mine sort out the dings on the front end, he put 2 new wings on and a bonnet fully sprayed and fitted for £100 which i was well pleased with, the only unfortunate thig was the wings were off an older model which had the square repeaters on but never mind i got it back and fitted clear repeaters on her.

Thats how she stayed until around 3 months ago when i decided to de-arch her. the fronts i had no worries about as they had just been done but it was the rears was very worried about as apparently you find rust more often than not reading up on here, heres what i found:

Heres the front.

And the dreaded Rears.

There is rust there but i was kind of expecting worse oh well off to my mate she goes again. I am waiting on delivery of some parts to carry on with the project ill update with pics soon.