Author Topic: Parker Alloys issue?  (Read 11350 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Parker Alloys issue?
« Reply #30 on: 29 December 2018, 21:36 »
Your wheels are wrecked! How old is the car?!

Must admit, I'm a bit confused. So first you've ruined your own wheels and now a tyre fitter has ruined them?

All seems a bit odd to me. Maybe I've misunderstood the issue.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 21:39 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 29 December 2018, 22:14 »
Your wheels are wrecked! How old is the car?!

Must admit, I'm a bit confused. So first you've ruined your own wheels and now a tyre fitter has ruined them?

All seems a bit odd to me. Maybe I've misunderstood the issue.
Its 17 plate !! Registered in June. You have got it right. I only left some cleaner for a bit too long and that's what they did today !!
Nothing odd, just my luck like always.

When I was cleaning them on Monday surely I would noticed anything on wheels and there was nothing like that.
They changed tyres today and never said anything.After I collected car I noticed it all so went back straight to them. Obviously they said there is no way the could have done it but nobody else touched rears for example since new. Car was still on originals on rear, but surely you can tell from pictures.

I dont have to try to get some money from claiming against them , my wheels are insured but that's not the point. Point is they ruined them !!

I was saving like mad for last few years to get GTI, I don't want spend any more time doing overtimes to buy things like alloys to be honest. I want to start enjoying my new car........  :cry:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qDxjxhQ6F8j3bVjEf61dbAkJ7K4zAEka

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bGmPglchweoP9Kpheq9QynJS_jjyQd0H

:cry:
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 22:29 by Aparat »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 30 December 2018, 22:17 »
Are all those gouges the same size? Look about 15-20mm long. It looks like marks made by a jemmy bar used for levering the tyre of its rim seating.

Black circles always seem to use sh!te fitters - got stung once with my Scirocco (luckily, painted wheels - easy to rectify). Always go to Costco now.

If wheel insurance doesn't play ball and BC don't offer you a remedy, I would have them powder coated some shade of Silver.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 30 December 2018, 22:26 »
Are all those gouges the same size? Look about 15-20mm long. It looks like marks made by a jemmy bar used for levering the tyre of its rim seating.

Black circles always seem to use sh!te fitters - got stung once with my Scirocco (luckily, painted wheels - easy to rectify). Always go to Costco now.

If wheel insurance doesn't play ball and BC don't offer you a remedy, I would have them powder coated some shade of Silver.

First and last time to be honest...Looks the same I would say.  That's what I said they used a bar for levering but we shall see.

Regarding my wheel insurance one of the exclusion say : Damage caused by third party for general maintenance .  Does it mean tyre fitters as well?
« Last Edit: 30 December 2018, 23:57 by Aparat »

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 31 December 2018, 00:37 »

First and last time to be honest...Looks the same I would say.  That's what I said they used a bar for levering but we shall see what they say.

Regarding my wheel insurance one of the exclusion say : Damage caused by third party for general maintenance .  Does it mean tyre fitters as well?

I suspect it might. I’d imagine the wheel insurance cover is restricted to accidental damage that occurs while you’re driving or parking the vehicle such as scuffs from kerbing. Many policies don’t cover pothole damage such as buckling or cracking, some exclude diamond cut alloys and some only provide SMART repairs, rather than a full refurbishment. So these policies might seem to be a good idea, but they can be quite restrictive in terms of what they offer.

Some alloy wheel insurance policies have a specific exclusion of damage caused through the fitting of tyres; ALA, Direct GAP and GAP Insurance all have such an exclusion in their policy.

It could be argued that tyre fitter damage is covered if your alloy wheel insurance doesn’t have a similar specific exclusion, although your insurer would probably argue that tyre fitter damage is ‘damage caused by a third party for general maintenance’.

Hopefully Black Circles will do the right thing, and acknowledge the damage to your wheels was caused by their tyre fitter, and pay for your wheels to be refurbished at a place of your choice.

Good luck. Please let us know how you get on.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 04 January 2019, 12:57 »
So BC has been good. They are going to authorise repairs.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2019, 15:41 by Aparat »

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 07 January 2019, 15:54 »
Repair has been booked in. I have a week to decide diamond cut or powder coat. Not sure how these wheels will look powder coated, so maybe one of you have any pictures or links I can look at?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 07 January 2019, 19:01 »
@Aparat; good outcome with Black Circles. Good to see they’re doing the right thing.

I don’t think I’ve seen any pictures or actual examples of Parker alloys that have been refurbished in a powder coated finish. Does the wheel refurbishment company you’re using have a software package on their pc’s / tablets, that they can use to reproduce the Parker alloys with a powder coated finish in your preferred colour to help you make your decision?

Only you can really decide what finish to get them refurbished in. A painted / powder coated finish will be much more durable than diamond cut, but could put off some would-be buyers when the time comes to sell your car.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 07 January 2019, 19:09 »
@Aparat; good outcome with Black Circles. Good to see they’re doing the right thing.

I don’t think I’ve seen any pictures or actual examples of Parker alloys that have been refurbished in a powder coated finish. Does the wheel refurbishment company you’re using have a software package on their pc’s / tablets, that they can use to reproduce the Parker alloys with a powder coated finish in your preferred colour to help you make your decision?

Only you can really decide what finish to get them refurbished in. A painted / powder coated finish will be much more durable than diamond cut, but could put off some would-be buyers when the time comes to sell your car.

I will ask them If they can do such a thing on Monday. I always PX my car with main dealers to avoid hassle selling my cars privately, so they might not like it being powder coated for example when it comes to it.
Something to think about for a week   :laugh:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 08 January 2019, 10:26 »
As much as diamond cut are a pain to maintain if scuffed, changing to powder coated might just not look right. Although I quite like the Parkers, think they probably work as diamond finish. But as you are keeping your car for 5 years best bet to do what you think you will prefer and what will be easier to look after for you  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey