Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529772 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #40 on: 07 September 2015, 13:46 »
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 07 September 2015, 13:51 »
Cheaper, but doesn't last quite as long and doesn't give quite such a nice glossy look.

For another alternative look at Carpro Reload, if you havn't already.

:wink:

I'm very interested in the CarPro Reload and I'm pretty sure it was your car (in the beading shots thread) that made me notice it first off.  As you seem to have used both the C2V3 and the BSD, would you say the Reload is preferable to both of these?  I'm looking for good gloss levels and great beading in addition to the obvious protection.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: 07 September 2015, 19:19 »
Thanks Bec  :smiley:

Still undecided on whether I prefer BSD or Gtechniq C2v3. They both give very similar results looks wise, BSD I find gives really nice beading, better than the C2v3, but it's not as nice to apply. BSD is thicker in consistency and can be almost 'smeary' if you aren't careful, whereas the Gtechniq is far easier to work with. I'm just chopping and changing between the two. Maybe I'll have a new favourite when I try CarPro Reload for the winter, who knows!

Yeah I really can't praise the WoWo stuff enough to be honest. The Wash Mitt in particular is fantastic and even after loads of use looks the same as brand new! Microfibres and drying towel are equally as brilliant and I'm so happy that I won that WoWo package in the competition as I won't use another brand after sampling how good their kit is! Neil and the team, I salute you!

Speaking of Mothers, i managed to drop my pot on the drive earlier and was rewarded with a series of cracks all through it  :angry:. It's currently being held together with a nitrile glove haha but will have to see how long that fix lasts!

Thanks Dan, always appreciated!

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #43 on: 07 September 2015, 21:17 »
Cheaper, but doesn't last quite as long and doesn't give quite such a nice glossy look.

For another alternative look at Carpro Reload, if you havn't already.

:wink:

I'm very interested in the CarPro Reload and I'm pretty sure it was your car (in the beading shots thread) that made me notice it first off.  As you seem to have used both the C2V3 and the BSD, would you say the Reload is preferable to both of these?  I'm looking for good gloss levels and great beading in addition to the obvious protection.

pffffff, subjective.

I like Reload for convenience really. It is very quick and effective on a damp car. So either on a damp day, after dew point in the evenings, or if you are just in a rush and can't get the last of the water off the car or out of the water traps.

lasts a good few weeks, looks glossy and beads well.

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 07 September 2015, 21:52 »

pffffff, subjective.

I like Reload for convenience really. It is very quick and effective on a damp car. So either on a damp day, after dew point in the evenings, or if you are just in a rush and can't get the last of the water off the car or out of the water traps.

lasts a good few weeks, looks glossy and beads well.

Thanks.  Of course these things are subjective but still useful to get real users opinions/views as opposed to just the marketing spiel, hence the question.

May give it a go this winter with some wax over the top to deepen the gloss on a dark car.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #45 on: 08 September 2015, 13:31 »
Wax over the top is pointless imho. For a start the wax won't has as much longevity.

Better to strip/polish then wax...top up with reload when you do winter washes.

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 08 September 2015, 15:14 »
Wax over the top is pointless imho. For a start the wax won't has as much longevity.

Better to strip/polish then wax...top up with reload when you do winter washes.

Your latter point was my initial thought too, but everything I've read about applying Reload suggests it should be applied to paintwork free from any wax!   

On the former - not sure why the longevity of the wax would be affected significantly if applied on top of Reload.  Reload is after all a sealant and have topped off plenty of other sealants with wax with no detriment to either bonding or longevity.  Unless the specific silicon polymers of the Reload mean it would behave differently?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 11 September 2015, 13:20 »
Gave my GTI a good and well deserved bath last night. It's been neglected of late as I became a Dad 3 weeks ago and time is no longer my own!

It's protected with SiRamik SC15 Glasscoat so cleaning it is a doddle. Wheels cleaned using Car-Chem Revolt and various brushes, snowfoamed with ValetPRO ANSF, then washed 2BM using SiRamik SC Wash. Rinsed with an open hose, blow dried (touchless) and given a wipedown using SiRamik SC Mist to keep the protection topped up. Glass cleaned with Auto Finesse Crystal, exhausts polished with Auto Finesse Mercury and 0000 grade wire wool, and tyres dressed with Gyeon Tire. Arches dressed, interior dusted and hoovered, and it now looks like it should again!

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 11 September 2015, 15:28 »
Congrats on the news of your little one JBirchy!  :smiley:

Car is looking fantastic now  :cool: how long has it been wearing the Glasscoat?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 11 September 2015, 16:09 »
Car looks immense JBirchy.  :cool:

Congratulations on your new baby. :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual