Author Topic: speed and red light cameras search included on DVD map ????  (Read 8209 times)

MonkeyP

Re: speed and red light cameras search included on DVD map ????
« Reply #30 on: 14 August 2012, 22:41 »
Try this fella:

http://www.my-gti.com/3354/volkswagen-rns-510-firmware-upgrade-to-version-4020-4024-4026-4028
Cheers mate. Getting a bit confused tho with which model number that i am running and firmware version as well

Could i use this to help with my maps as well instead of the firmware
http://www.autoteileltd.com/v8-vw-seat-skoda-rns-510-dvd-navigation-2012-w-speed-cameras/
« Last Edit: 14 August 2012, 23:10 by MonkeyP »

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2012, 09:18 »
Those are pirate copies of the original discs but would just be the maps.

If you upgrade your firmware, depending on what version you have at the moment,  there is chance you will wipe your maps and music as it can repartition the hard disk. However the maps can easily be reinstalled if you have the original disc or you can obtain the new ones.

The advantage of the new firmware is that you can install POIs from SD card.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

MonkeyP

« Reply #32 on: 15 August 2012, 09:33 »
Those are pirate copies of the original discs but would just be the maps.

If you upgrade your firmware, depending on what version you have at the moment,  there is chance you will wipe your maps and music as it can repartition the hard disk. However the maps can easily be reinstalled if you have the original disc or you can obtain the new ones.

The advantage of the new firmware is that you can install POIs from SD card.

I believe that i am running older firmware as the startup screen has green on the globe picture.

Can i update to the brand new one without knowing which one i am running at the moment.

Tempted to get the new maps as using the car for work i am normally going to estates where there are no street names just an industrial estate name and postcode.