Author Topic: Airfield Day 15th March  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Airfield Day 15th March
« on: 18 March 2008, 18:05 »
We did another airfield day on Saturday with Motorsport-events at Colerne in Wiltshire.

Very wet weather mid morning but that just added to the fun. The front gripped really well but the worn rear tyres gave a few tail out moments which added to the excitement.

The car ran well but we had a few issues with spongy brakes to start with, a bit of tinkering sorted that out for the rest of the day. The new Magnex cat back exhaust system appears to have released a few HP, but the centre box kept coming free from the rubbers. A few cable ties sorted it out for each session but they would melt after a 15 minute session. A permanent solution needs to be sorted before next months track outings.

The day ended a few sessions early when the alternator belt snapped so we decided to drive home before the battery gave up. Sods law that we didn't have a spare belt but by the time we would have had one fitted it would have been the end of the day. Had enough spares to build a second car but no spare belt!!!

The Dolomite Sprint club were out in force which at least gave us someone to overtake. Other cars included Imprezas, Evos, GT3, Elises, Caterhams, some fast Clios and 205's and some Jap stuff. Funniest was watching someone in a 406 which handled like a barge but they did give it some in the wet.

My daughter was again trying her hardest to set a speed record through the chicane which caused me a few anxious moments. Do 19 year olds know no fear? Fair play to her though she was badgering the instructors for advice when she couldn't get the correct line through some of the trickier corners.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Airfield Day 15th March
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2008, 23:34 »
Where are these days advertised?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2008, 09:52 »
that sounds like a good day out.  glad to hear your daughter is still on the throttle!

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2008, 17:09 »
Where are these days advertised?
Advertised at www.motorsport-events.com

Good well run days with open pit lane from about 11am

Cheers

Paul

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2008, 14:58 »
I can vouch for motorsport events, well organised and they do not suffer fools.  If you play up you get chucked out.  Did a few days with them last year in my Mk2 track car and my mate has used them this year with his Black Mk2, may have even been at Colerne at the same time as Paul.

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2008, 16:19 »
I can vouch for motorsport events, well organised and they do not suffer fools.  If you play up you get chucked out.  Did a few days with them last year in my Mk2 track car and my mate has used them this year with his Black Mk2, may have even been at Colerne at the same time as Paul.

Yes I've seen a black Mk2 a couple of times, not had the chance to talk to him yet, too busy driving and maintaining.

Off to Eurofest at Castle Combe tomorrow and another airfield day at Hullavington on Friday.

Paul