4 (19%)
I like it as well
10 (47.6%)
I don't like it
1 (4.8%)
I have a mk5 for sale.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Quite liking the new mk6 Golf. Is that wrong?  (Read 3653 times)

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
Quite liking the new mk6 Golf. Is that wrong?
« on: 24 December 2008, 21:32 »
Well unsure about this one as not seen it in the flesh but with the mk5 I looked at it and thought no, don't like it. It did grow on me but tbh I don't think I would go and buy one.
The mk6 though looks nice and the new front end looks much more aggressive.
A GTI version out soon and an R20T version out at some point I may start looking at them and see if I can get a test drive of one of the stock models to see how it feels and drives.
Reason for looking is a new car in the next couple of months and the new GTI looks to be a good car.

This link made me think about it.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/New-VW-Golf-GTI-Mk6-concept-2008-first-official-photos/

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline farmerpalmer

• Not said much yet
  • GTI 30 Edition, Reflex Silver, MFSW, Xenons, cruis
Re: Quite liking the new mk6 Golf. Is that wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2008, 22:13 »
if you like the mk 6, i think underneath you must also like the mk 5 - as they are almost the same beasty ;-)  :wink:
tbh, if i was after a gti, i would be interested in a mk 6, but no enough to change at the mo....waiting for the bigger beasty
GTI 30 Edition, Reflex Silver, MFSW, Xenons, cruise, iPod & armrest.....and a tank full of 99 octane

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Quite liking the new mk6 Golf. Is that wrong?
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2009, 20:39 »
if you like the mk 6, i think underneath you must also like the mk 5 - as they are almost the same beasty ;-)  :wink:
tbh, if i was after a gti, i would be interested in a mk 6, but no enough to change at the mo....waiting for the bigger beasty

Sort of agree with that but I wouldn't buy a Mk5 standard GTi purely because of that rear bumper. At least with the Mk6 they have addressed that and I personaly think it is a very nice looking classy car....  :smiley:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack