Author Topic: Golf GTI 1.8T mk4 loss of power in lower gears  (Read 6925 times)

Offline MarioGTI

• Just got here
Golf GTI 1.8T mk4 loss of power in lower gears
« on: 08 June 2019, 14:21 »
Hi, I would be grateful for your thoughts on the following. My Golf GTI mk4 (1.8T, AUM) has been idling a bit rough for a couple of months, but has otherwise been fine. Today however I experienced a near total loss of power in the first and second gears. Higher gears are fine so far as I can tell. No engine management light on. I have an OBD-II scanner, no faults either. Any clues? Many thanks!

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf GTI 1.8T mk4 loss of power in lower gears
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2019, 23:35 »
If it's under heavy or very light acceleration could be boost leak
 Need more details

Offline MarioGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2019, 14:42 »
Hi, many thanks for your reply, quick update, I cleaned the MAF sensor two weeks ago and that seems to have fixed the issue. The car has been running well since. Idle is good too.

Again, many thanks for your reply!

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2019, 22:04 »
Hi guys was on here a few mo ths ago with boosting problems that l got sorted but now i have a other problem :smiley:

So i got the car remapped at AMD tuning last monday made a healthy 217.5 bhp and 341lb/f of torque cars come alive its ridiculus. Anyway long story short picked the car up from amd drove home was a blast got home left the car for a few hours came back got in to go meet a friend car felt almost stock again   :cry: foot down didnt seem to be boosting like it was before just back to its old slow self. Got to my destination turnes car off back on again and car was back to its remap glory. Its done it a few times now again if it aint bossting like before i just turn of the car and back on and its back to its glory very weird anyone have amy ideas?

Mind you this use to be like this before the remap too nut i feel like i just notice it more nw that the car is so good when boosting properly. Dont mind me talking about boosting al the time i dont know if its a turbo problem i have a feeling it could be fuel pump related.

Other mods include full exhuast with decat, ram air intake, forge dv still with the defualt spring in it i mentioned to amd about changing it but they said car was running fine with original so left it. I do need to get a boost guage tbf tonsee if its boost problems .

Any help appreciated