Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 549273 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1040 on: 21 May 2017, 20:56 »
No detailing or even driving today because I was looking at the BTCC but I just wanted to ask if it is okay to mix/dilute Bilberry wheel cleaner and leave it in the sprayer? If I was to do it it could be a few weeks from the time I mix it to using it all.

I hope so as I do that all the time :undecided: - not noticed any issues.

Cool, that will make it much easier :smiley:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1041 on: 21 May 2017, 20:59 »
No detailing or even driving today because I was looking at the BTCC but I just wanted to ask if it is okay to mix/dilute Bilberry wheel cleaner and leave it in the sprayer? If I was to do it it could be a few weeks from the time I mix it to using it all.

Absolutely fine and can't imagine why you wouldn't do that. If you use it regularly there's little point in only making up a bit for every use.  Makes sense to make up a whole spray bottle at a time, diluted to a ratio suitable for maintenance use, it's what I've always done, it's designed to be diluted.  Just give the bottle a shake before spraying it on.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1042 on: 21 May 2017, 21:35 »

Absolutely fine and can't imagine why you wouldn't do that. If you use it regularly there's little point in only making up a bit for every use.  Makes sense to make up a whole spray bottle at a time, diluted to a ratio suitable for maintenance use, it's what I've always done, it's designed to be diluted.  Just give the bottle a shake before spraying it on.

Not sure why but I thought it might get fecked up by leaving it. Happy days :laugh:

Btw Booth11, still waiting for the exterior detail photos :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 21 May 2017, 21:37 by I wanted a GTi »
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1043 on: 21 May 2017, 22:00 »

Not sure why but I thought it might get fecked up by leaving it. Happy days :laugh:

Btw Booth11, still waiting for the exterior detail photos :rolleyes:

You'll have to wait, because I went to the out to the cinema instead.  Car can stay grubby for another week. Wasn't going to post any pics anyway, as peoole get sick of seeing same pics.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1044 on: 23 May 2017, 18:11 »
Needed to switch the wheels around today as there was 1mm less tread on the fronts. So to make it worthwhile, wheels washed, de-tarred, IronX applied, barrels clayed, a possibly pointless polish given how much effort I put in and a coat of Gtechniq C2v3 to seal them. I think they came up pretty good. I was a bit surprised as to how little pink staining there was from the IronX on the front faces but anyway, done now. Will need to do the rest of the car once I've recovered :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1045 on: 24 May 2017, 09:47 »
Too pooped yesterday for photos but this morning the sun was showing the TR off at it's best and fortunately the car wasn't pooped (on)! No real close ups as it might be too obvious that I hadn't cleaned the calipers :whistle:

[/URL]

And some general shots, sorry if they are samey, very limited space outside my house..

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1046 on: 24 May 2017, 12:32 »
Lovely Watts.  The red is looking super vibrant in the sub.  Nice wheel work too. 👍
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1047 on: 24 May 2017, 12:46 »
Looks good Watts. You're making me feel guilty as I planning on cleaning mine today, but it's too sunny (shouldn't complain about the sunshine though) and there aren't any shady spots to move the car to!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1048 on: 24 May 2017, 18:24 »
Lovely Watts.  The red is looking super vibrant in the sub.  Nice wheel work too. 👍

Thanks :smiley: It became one of those jobs that I wished I'd never started, took far too long.
Looks good Watts. You're making me feel guilty as I planning on cleaning mine today, but it's too sunny (shouldn't complain about the sunshine though) and there aren't any shady spots to move the car to!

It is tricky on a sunny day, I was lucky yesterday as it was overcast. Perhaps better then that you rest up and enjoy the rays :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1049 on: 24 May 2017, 19:29 »
Looking good Watts 😆 hoping to get mine done saturday weather pending heard it's forcast rain but il keep my fingers crossed for overcast as I'm in the same boat plenty of room on the drive but no shade after 8am mite be an early start lol
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆