Author Topic: HOW TO: Change your instrument cluster light's  (Read 13782 times)

Offline Smith

• Not said much yet
Re: instrument cluster light
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2004, 14:07 »

My speedo and MFA bulbs are out !! :(

So after reading this thread I went to work at the weekend !!!

Got to the culster ok but ...........how the hell do you undo the rev counter ???? Looks like it was conected with two screws ?? so ended up not changing anything !!!

Help Help !!

:o

1981 Mint, De Lorean  - For Sale ?2000    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2004, 18:46 »
you dont need to the bulb holders are at the top for the dials they sort of sqaure and stick out, twist them to get them off and the mfa one is down the bottom

Offline m28v

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 25 December 2004, 14:22 »
alredy made a new post but do you lot know anything about rev counters not working and mfas not responding but still displaying.cheers

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2005, 22:42 »
You want to try a 16v ripped my hand up getting speedo cable off then discovered the vacuum pipe to the mfa tried and tried gave up! mfa still not lit, mpg on mfa not working I've broke it! going to try again at weekend dash tray off seems like a good plan!!! BTW Ultraleds wedge dash bulbs work with a bit of fiddling n soldering green ones look the shiznit and no messing around with filters n stuff!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Judderi

Re: HOW TO: Change your instrument cluster light's
« Reply #14 on: 08 November 2005, 12:58 »
I was a bit more creative with my blue LED bulbs by using 4 in total for the main display and 2 for the mfa. Plus instead of using the origional holders i aimed them directly at the face for a greater spread of light. Have a look in my project section for more info.