Author Topic: Yummy! 3 New fault codes  (Read 1099 times)

Offline BrettGti

• GTI forum regular
  • If in doubt, Flat out.
Yummy! 3 New fault codes
« on: 03 July 2009, 15:10 »
Car is now a week old, and after a trip to the local petrol station ( which has seen alot of me latley) my engine management light pops up. Great.
Just had it down the garage, and on the diagnostic reports its got the following codes;

16795 P0411 Secondary sporadic:
air injection system:
Incorrect flow

17964 P1556 Turbo sporadic:
Super charger boost sensor(A) circuit:
Control limit not reached

17608 P1200     sporadic:
Recirculating valve for turbocharger-
N249:mechanical malfunction

:shocked: I'm certainly not a car expert but im guessing the turbo isnt looking very healthy, any ideas?

The guy reset the managment light in the hope it was only a one off problem, but he said it's possible its gona pop back up if there's a problem. The cars still under warrenty anyway but i just dont wanna give her back  :smug:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Yummy! 3 New fault codes
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2009, 15:16 »
see here

Ross Tech Wiki

that 2nd code sounds more like a boost leak

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2009, 15:23 »
none of that 100% points to a turbo charger problem really, so dont panic just yet

the first code is probably the one that put your dash light on.. secondary air injection pump. do a quick search for that you'll see its not the end of the world. it might just be a vac hose split/leaking (finding it could be fun though :grin: apparently the fuel pump relay blowing can bring that code up too.. but if it was that i wouldnt imagine you'd get very far in the car

the second code just means you're not making enough boost so worst case scenario.. yes it could be the turbo. BUT! your final fault code says your n249 is playing up which could be generating the 17964 too. it may have even been just one little burp (which could be an indication of a forthcoming part failure) because if you were running at limp mode boost levels you'd certainly know about it.

your man needs to completely clear the codes (not just turn light off) and scan again after a bit of a drive to see if they come back.

Offline BrettGti

• GTI forum regular
  • If in doubt, Flat out.
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2009, 16:51 »
Thanks lads  :wink: topher thats what he recomended, i left there came up and posted then gave my car a good running in  :grin: looking good, i hope it was just a minor hickup  :evil:

Just oderd myself a forge 007p valve & induction kit to ease the pain! let the modding begin  :evil: