Author Topic: Waze coming to Apple CarPlay  (Read 7544 times)

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
Re: Waze coming to Apple CarPlay
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2018, 19:46 »
I have now got Google Maps and Waze installed on Apple car play and they work fine when I want them to. The only thing that is bugging me now is even though I have not selected to use them and let’s say I am using Amazon music or Spotify instead, the Nav display in the active info display stops working and says mobile Nav is in use when it’s not. Any ideas whether I can stop this happening or what I have/haven’t done to stop this from happening??

I have the same since using Waze and it’s bugging me also. Only way I can get it back currently is set the Satnav to start a route and then stop it.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2018, 21:25 »
I have now got Google Maps and Waze installed on Apple car play and they work fine when I want them to. The only thing that is bugging me now is even though I have not selected to use them and let’s say I am using Amazon music or Spotify instead, the Nav display in the active info display stops working and says mobile Nav is in use when it’s not. Any ideas whether I can stop this happening or what I have/haven’t done to stop this from happening??

I have the same since using Waze and it’s bugging me also. Only way I can get it back currently is set the Satnav to start a route and then stop it.

Shouldn’t have to do that but worth it I suppose to keep the other functionality of App Connect  :undecided:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 06 October 2018, 17:23 »

Shouldn’t have to do that but worth it I suppose to keep the other functionality of App Connect  :undecided:

I might have found a way around this. On your phone even when I closed the app it still said it was active, however if you go into search in ware there is a power button on the top right I pressed this and it put waze to sleep. Since I have done that it is back to normal for me.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 October 2018, 19:13 »

I might have found a way around this. On your phone even when I closed the app it still said it was active, however if you go into search in ware there is a power button on the top right I pressed this and it put waze to sleep. Since I have done that it is back to normal for me.
Excellent. Will give it a try however, got in it tonight plugged the phone in and car navigation in AID and Apple Car Play opened up as normal  :shocked:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline gillan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2019, 16:23 »
was out today had the Waze up and running as usual. first time ive seen this but a notification popped up warning me of a pot hole in 0.10 of a mile. slowed down,looked out for it and there it was. very impressed.

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2019, 19:18 »
yep, Waze is awesome, It has told me about police ahead and red light and speed cameras many times, life saver.
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2019, 20:04 »
Always use Waze when I'm running late for work. 😉