Author Topic: My 17 plate GTI damage in vw main dealer what to do ??  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Lee099721

• Not said much yet
Re: My 17 plate GTI damage in vw main dealer what to do ??
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2018, 18:49 »
Thanks for all your help the car is going in on Wednesday and I've asked if the Bobby shop can try and polish the marks out first. Will no more Wednesday and will let you all no the out come thanks again

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2018, 18:54 »
Thanks for all your help the car is going in on Wednesday and I've asked if the Bobby shop can try and polish the marks out first. Will no more Wednesday and will let you all no the out come thanks again

If u can feel the scratch with your fingernail it won't polish out  :sad:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2018, 16:40 »
Same happened to me and annoyingly they had tried to polish it out and hide the fact they had done it,the dealer did not bother checking the car on hand over and return so i did not find it until i got home.
To be fair they put it right at their body shop and my wife got a bunch of flowers via the post.
They check all cars now  :grin:.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2018, 16:51 »
Seems to be relatively common. My new GTI is in their body shop at present for a scratch to the wing I noticed on collection in the showroom (they hadn't even though it was in plain view on the top of the wing and down to the undercoat / metal).TO be fair it was only about 1-1½cm long but still noticeable.

Should have it back tomorrow and give them the R back. Hopefully everything's now perfect (fingers crossed)
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 14 June 2018, 11:35 »
If it was me (or worst for them my wife*) I would insist on a brand new bumper plus a curtesy car while the work is being completed.
Why?
Because your car was as new when they took control of it and so it should be when they hand it back - thus you require a new bumper.
You are also without a car, not through your own actions but because of their poor management - hence the curtosy car.

* Our dealer crossed my wife on a similar problem and she sent the Service Manager and the CEO of the dealership her thoughts and attached a copy of her proposed proposed correspondence to Wolfsberg.
Result = an instant response, a face to face apology and a satisfied client.

My dealer now takes a video of the cars on service handover and also sends a video of any problems before any rectification work commences.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2018, 09:04 »
As a few others have said, I would go for a localised repair to minimise the effects if they did do a crap job spraying a larger area making it look far worse than it really was.
Quite a few years ago my wife had a very minor shunt into the back of another car which resulted in a small amount of scratches and paint damage to the leading edge of the bonnet and a cracked headlight. It went in for what I thought would be a quite simple localised repair. They ended up spraying the whole bonnet both front wings and front bumper and also painted the whole lot a completely different shade of Red to the rest of the car. It looked like it had had a far worse accident that it actually had and was a total nightmare to get sorted out.
Be careful what you ask for. It might not be what you expected !!  :smiley:
Hope you didn’t  suffer the same fate as I did.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2018, 09:20 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2018, 09:47 »
As a few others have said, I would go for a localised repair to minimise the effects if they did do a crap job spraying a larger area making it look far worse than it really was.
Quite a few years ago my wife had a very minor shunt into the back of another car which resulted in a small amount of scratches and paint damage to the leading edge of the bonnet and a cracked headlight. It went in for what I thought would be a quite simple localised repair. They ended up spraying the whole bonnet both front wings and front bumper and also painted the whole lot a completely different shade of Red to the rest of the car. It looked like it had had a far worse accident that it actually had and was a total nightmare to get sorted out.
Be careful what you ask for. It might not be what you expected !!  :smiley:
Hope you didn’t  suffer the same fate as I did.

I would also go for the localised repair.

The OP’s car has probably been repaired by now, as it was early last month that it sustained damage to the bumper whilst in for its first service.

@Lee099721; it would be good if you could provide an update on the outcome - car was initially going into the body shop 16/05/2018 to see if the damage could be polished out and you were to provide an update. Thanks.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl