Author Topic: Golf GTI TCR announced  (Read 15114 times)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf GTI TCR announced
« Reply #60 on: 14 June 2018, 15:21 »
Well tbh I wouldn't buy that but next year I might buy a clubsport for myself and let the wife have the 7.5, she's always got it anyway I never get a chance to drive it..

But id want a manual, and she can only drive an auto..

But on another subject...what I would like vw to bring out is a gti van ! I mean think about it...the css with its lack of a back seat and 90% tints is almost a van anyway :) and then me and thousands of other self employed people could buy one and off set our tax against it :) hmmmm I could be on to something here haha...
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #61 on: 14 June 2018, 19:36 »
Well tbh I wouldn't buy that but next year I might buy a clubsport for myself and let the wife have the 7.5, she's always got it anyway I never get a chance to drive it..

But id want a manual, and she can only drive an auto..

But on another subject...what I would like vw to bring out is a gti van ! I mean think about it...the css with its lack of a back seat and 90% tints is almost a van anyway :) and then me and thousands of other self employed people could buy one and off set our tax against it :) hmmmm I could be on to something here haha...

Seriously considering a Clubsport next year myself alongside the R, what do we think prices will be like by then?
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #62 on: 14 June 2018, 19:43 »
must admit for me it's got be a clubsport, I think R's are just too common,

but I think the prices are on the way down, I just saw a Red 3 door Clubsport at a vw dealer for £22,500

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #63 on: 14 June 2018, 20:22 »
Common yes but bloody good :D
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #64 on: 14 June 2018, 20:38 »
I agree, but I bet a Clubsport is more fun  :grin:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #65 on: 15 June 2018, 01:08 »
I guess, but not as a daily drive family car. The R estate is perfect for that. Looking at a Leon SC for the Mrs  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 01:10 by Rob1981 »
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #66 on: 17 June 2018, 11:33 »
Thumbing through VW Driver mag in the middle of the night (as you do), there’s a decent feature on the TCR.

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned in here but it states the standard wheel will be the Belvedere forged 18” as per the Clubsport.
There will be options of an Akrapovič and lowered suspension as well as a derestrictor for top speed.

The mere fact it has proper ambient lighting and front parking sensors unlike a Clubsport sells it to me  :laugh:

Oh and I like the Pure Grey paint. It matches my hair.  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #67 on: 17 June 2018, 11:54 »
There will be options of an Akrapovič and lowered suspension as well as a derestrictor for top speed.

Yes... like the "performance" extras for the R.... which should push the price towards 40k! (well if they actually sold it in the UK, which they don't)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 11 August 2018, 15:43 »
Hi all,

Anyone got any information as to whether the TCR will be released in the UK? Nothing actually official as far as I can work out. Ive done the live chat with Vw uk customer services but doubt they actually know anything tbh!!

Various dealers have said various things to me so they’re no clearer. Any wisdom out there?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 11 August 2018, 15:57 »
I believe it is coming towards the end of the year, but like you I haven't heard that through any official sources. VW customer services and dealers are usually useless for providing that sort of information until its been through the press office.

The UK is a really big market for GTi's, one of the biggest in fact, so i'd be quite surprised if it didn't make it to these shores.
7.5 GTD