Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773824 times)

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8640 on: 19 June 2018, 09:14 »
But I haven’t got a DA so I’m going to have to pay a pro to do it,

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8641 on: 19 June 2018, 09:31 »
But I haven’t got a DA so I’m going to have to pay a pro to do it,

In the circumstances perhaps a helpful fellow forumite might offer if it's just the door? Perhaps start a help needed type thread in the detailing section? I'm pretty sure someone might help you out for a couple of beer tokens or perhaps a donation to the forum charity :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8642 on: 19 June 2018, 10:51 »
That's a mighty fine idea. Where's Rebecca? She needs to make it a sticky.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8643 on: 19 June 2018, 13:10 »
I’m here. 

Great idea Watts.  :smiley:

If someone wants to kick off a “Detailing help needed”  thread in he Detailing section, I’ll gladly sticky it.

@Vwjap - what are you waiting for?   :laugh:  Stick up a thread in detailing section stating you need DA assistance and your general (not specific) location and let’s see if we can find someone to help you out. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8644 on: 19 June 2018, 13:38 »
I’m here. 

Great idea Watts.  :smiley:

If someone wants to kick off a “Detailing help needed”  thread in he Detailing section, I’ll gladly sticky it.

@Vwjap - what are you waiting for?   :laugh:  Stick up a thread in detailing section stating you need DA assistance and your general (not specific) location and let’s see if we can find someone to help you out.
I don't know about DA assistance......he might shortly need legal assistance if he continues to chew out his neighbours for minor car damage infringements :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8645 on: 19 June 2018, 16:12 »
To be honest whist some might not approve of Vwjap's communication skills ( :whistle: ), I can see his point. To spend ages and a lot of money on products machine polishing and protecting the car to have someone wipe it down with a dirty rag would probably enrage me as well. It's a good job that all my neighbours know how anal I am over the cars and so would never dare touch them.

Conversely, even though my direct neighbour has an 11 year old black Honda Civic covered in scratches and cobweb's from year's of neglect, on the very odd occasion that I might catch it with a bit of snow foam etc., I always ask if he wants me to clear it off (95% of the time he just shrugs his shoulders and says nah - don't bother), but I always make a point of asking him, never just cleaning his car down (even though like I say, it's not a well looked after car - but it's not mine either).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8646 on: 19 June 2018, 21:06 »
Hi All,

Not posted in a very long time, but after around 67k covered I have just ordered my mk7 GTD replacement today and feeling a bit guilty as the GTD really is a hard car to beat, and manages to be a great everyday car.

Will miss overly loud sport and sound pack which always manages to bring the boy racer out in me and remind me of my mk5 gti and other faster cars I have owned in past. Anyway onwards and hopefully upwards and Golf GT variant number 5 for me.

Tested the R, new GTD and GTI PP all back to back in the last few weeks and after much deliberation and spec fiddling decided on 3dr DSG, Dynaudio Excite, DB pearl, DCC and Art Velour SS for a change. Really like the R but extra running costs not really justified in my mind by more inert handling heavy feeling when driving 5-7/10ths on the DSG one I tried. Rocket ship though it is, I would get a bit annoyed everyday I feel when just commuting or not “on it”as they say.

I have had a go at detailing my car with a meguairs DA kit and touch up paint and some body shop work for minor Hare altercation.  Dam that front radar sensor is mounted too low! The bloody thing has been taken out twice in my ownership with wildlife to blame each time!

Look forward to sharing some pics of old and new when handover date agreed in future.  Great posts everyone, and really found it hard not to copy the spec of the PP in Indium grey posted up a few pages back. That is a very nice spec overall.
 :smiley:
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8647 on: 20 June 2018, 10:31 »
Hi All,

Not posted in a very long time, but after around 67k covered I have just ordered my mk7 GTD replacement today and feeling a bit guilty as the GTD really is a hard car to beat, and manages to be a great everyday car.

Will miss overly loud sport and sound pack which always manages to bring the boy racer out in me and remind me of my mk5 gti and other faster cars I have owned in past. Anyway onwards and hopefully upwards and Golf GT variant number 5 for me.

Tested the R, new GTD and GTI PP all back to back in the last few weeks and after much deliberation and spec fiddling decided on 3dr DSG, Dynaudio Excite, DB pearl, DCC and Art Velour SS for a change. Really like the R but extra running costs not really justified in my mind by more inert handling heavy feeling when driving 5-7/10ths on the DSG one I tried. Rocket ship though it is, I would get a bit annoyed everyday I feel when just commuting or not “on it”as they say.

I have had a go at detailing my car with a meguairs DA kit and touch up paint and some body shop work for minor Hare altercation.  Dam that front radar sensor is mounted too low! The bloody thing has been taken out twice in my ownership with wildlife to blame each time!

Look forward to sharing some pics of old and new when handover date agreed in future.  Great posts everyone, and really found it hard not to copy the spec of the PP in Indium grey posted up a few pages back. That is a very nice spec overall.
 :smiley:
Congrats on the new car ordered.
At 67k miles I’m not surprised you’ve not posted much, far too busy driving and enjoying the car!! (Which it is what it’s all about really)

DBP the perfect colour if you love detailing.

Fair points you make after your back to back drive of the various models. The GTI PP is a great blend of the best features of the mk7(.5) and you won’t regret the decision.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Papa John

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8648 on: 25 June 2018, 18:58 »
Had quite a long chat with Paul at AKS Tuning and subsequently ordered an uprated organic Helix clutch plate, Sachs pressure plate and other gearshift related OEM+ goodies as recommended by Alex, owner of AKS and apparent GTi tuning guru. It's easier to list what won't be replaced, the gearbox, OEM DMF and the trick diff'.

Car goes in to the local'ish VW Indy for open heart transmission surgery, Thursday morning. It'll be the same GTI PP, but better(er) than it was Jim. Been quoted 5.5 hours labour.

If it's of interest? Full post to follow once the work has been completed.  :cool:

Cheers all, Papa John.

« Last Edit: 25 June 2018, 19:00 by Papa John »
2015 Tornado Red 5dr GTI PP, Manual, Austin wheels.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8649 on: 25 June 2018, 20:33 »
Had quite a long chat with Paul at AKS Tuning and subsequently ordered an uprated organic Helix clutch plate, Sachs pressure plate and other gearshift related OEM+ goodies as recommended by Alex, owner of AKS and apparent GTi tuning guru. It's easier to list what won't be replaced, the gearbox, OEM DMF and the trick diff'.

Car goes in to the local'ish VW Indy for open heart transmission surgery, Thursday morning. It'll be the same GTI PP, but better(er) than it was Jim. Been quoted 5.5 hours labour.

If it's of interest? Full post to follow once the work has been completed.  :cool:

Cheers all, Papa John.

I think that would be well worth a thread of its own, reviewing the whole process and how it improves the car plus any downsides.  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner