Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149217 times)

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2960 on: 14 August 2018, 13:05 »
Good afternoon guys!

I'm currently looking at buying a GTI performance but undecided on the colour.....

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2961 on: 14 August 2018, 14:26 »
@Madpig; welcome to the forum

Colour choice is a very personal thing and one person’s favourite colour will be another person’s least favourite, so if your asking for advice on which colour you should choose, you’re likely to get a multitude of different responses. Also, VW’s colour palette isn’t particularly exciting either, so not too many colours to choose from.

When I’m buying a new car, I consider the following  in relation to paint colour;

Light or dark colour? A dark colour is harder work to keep clean and IMO requires more effort. Dark colours also show scratches, paint chips and swirls more than lighter colours. If you’re time poor, or not prepared to invest the time in keeping your car looking good, then a dark coloured car might not be the best choice.

Who will wash it? If you entrust your car washing to the £5 hand wash places or automatic car washes, then it’s likely to be inflicted with swirl marks due to poor washing techniques used, and swirl marks will be more visible on a darker colour. If you wash your car yourself, then whatever the colour, adopting a careful washing technique will help minimise paintwork swirls.

Colour matching; if you’re unfortunate enough to need any bodywork or paint repairs, is it an easy colour to match? Historically, light metallic colours (such as silver) or solid reds were difficult to get an accurate colour match. This might not be such a problem now with the use of spectrophotometer paint matching technology.

It’s always worth having a look in the used cars section of VW’s website as there’ll be a good selection of nearly new GTI Golfs (with photos) there in a variety of colours, so you’ll be able to see what each colour looks like ‘in the metal’. If I was buying a new GTI, my shortlist of colours in order of preference would be Pure White, Indium Grey, Isaac Blue or Tornado Red.

Good luck with your colour choice.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2962 on: 14 August 2018, 17:03 »
And if you really want to wind yourself up, go to Volkswagen.de and take a look on the configurator how many extra colours zee germans can choose from - at huge extra cost though!  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2963 on: 14 August 2018, 17:58 »
Tungsten Silver all the way, don't even bother looking at any other colour  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2964 on: 14 August 2018, 18:04 »
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2965 on: 14 August 2018, 19:02 »
@Madpig; welcome to the forum

Colour choice is a very personal thing and one person’s favourite colour will be another person’s least favourite, so if your asking for advice on which colour you should choose, you’re likely to get a multitude of different responses. Also, VW’s colour palette isn’t particularly exciting either, so not too many colours to choose from.

When I’m buying a new car, I consider the following  in relation to paint colour;

Light or dark colour? A dark colour is harder work to keep clean and IMO requires more effort. Dark colours also show scratches, paint chips and swirls more than lighter colours. If you’re time poor, or not prepared to invest the time in keeping your car looking good, then a dark coloured car might not be the best choice.

Who will wash it? If you entrust your car washing to the £5 hand wash places or automatic car washes, then it’s likely to be inflicted with swirl marks due to poor washing techniques used, and swirl marks will be more visible on a darker colour. If you wash your car yourself, then whatever the colour, adopting a careful washing technique will help minimise paintwork swirls.

Colour matching; if you’re unfortunate enough to need any bodywork or paint repairs, is it an easy colour to match? Historically, light metallic colours (such as silver) or solid reds were difficult to get an accurate colour match. This might not be such a problem now with the use of spectrophotometer paint matching technology.

It’s always worth having a look in the used cars section of VW’s website as there’ll be a good selection of nearly new GTI Golfs (with photos) there in a variety of colours, so you’ll be able to see what each colour looks like ‘in the metal’. If I was buying a new GTI, my shortlist of colours in order of preference would be Pure White, Indium Grey, Isaac Blue or Tornado Red.

Good luck with your colour choice.

Thanks for that; however, decision made....I think I’m going to go for pure white!

Specification I am so very close to pulling the trigger on is as follows:
GTI Performance 5 door manual
Pure white
Standard alloys
Jacara interior
Heated front screen
Rear view camera
Sunroof
Lane assist / traffic sign recognition
Dynaudio

One of my colleagues took me out this afternoon in his car which when he put his foot down caught me a bit by surprise....considering they’re only 245 bhp they’re pretty quick!

Just waiting for confirmation of the part exchange price against my current beast...I should find out by Saturday.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2966 on: 14 August 2018, 19:36 »
Thanks for that; however, decision made....I think I’m going to go for pure white!

Specification I am so very close to pulling the trigger on is as follows:
GTI Performance 5 door manual
Pure white
Standard alloys
Jacara interior
Heated front screen
Rear view camera
Sunroof
Lane assist / traffic sign recognition
Dynaudio

One of my colleagues took me out this afternoon in his car which when he put his foot down caught me a bit by surprise....considering they’re only 245 bhp they’re pretty quick!

Just waiting for confirmation of the part exchange price against my current beast...I should find out by Saturday.

Good choice of colour IMO. I seem remember when the mk7 Golf was launched that the display cars were Pure White as it seems to show off the lines of the car pretty well. My next car is also likely to be Pure White.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #2967 on: 15 August 2018, 08:53 »
Madpig - have you been given an indication of delivery time?

Offline Madpig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2968 on: 15 August 2018, 12:55 »
Madpig - have you been given an indication of delivery time?

Not signed on the dotted line yet....hoping to though at the weekend subject to the deal of course.

I've been quoted 17-18 weeks which works out just right for me.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2969 on: 15 August 2018, 18:51 »
Hi everyone, just wondered whether the GTI is back in factory production re WLPT testing / factory shutdowns etc? Anyone know the latest