Author Topic: OCD Parking  (Read 6329 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
OCD Parking
« on: 15 May 2019, 06:58 »
There was a similar thread in an Audi forum I used to follow, which was quite amusing. Post your photos to show the lengths you’ll go to, to protect your pride and joy when forced to park in a public place. Here’s my favourite parking spot in a local multi-storey. Ramp on one side, cast iron girders on the other. No door dings going on here.  :grin:

Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: OCD Parking
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2019, 07:13 »
Brilliant space for sure. They are not girders though but let’s bit get too fussy lol.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2019, 09:03 »
Let's hope there aren't lots of 2 space takers on here as that can't stand that. Not cool.

Ps ^^ Perfect space that though!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2019, 09:46 »
There was a similar thread in an Audi forum I used to follow, which was quite amusing. Post your photos to show the lengths you’ll go to, to protect your pride and joy when forced to park in a public place. Here’s my favourite parking spot in a local multi-storey. Ramp on one side, cast iron girders on the other. No door dings going on here.  :grin:

Approve of your work! There is a car parking space in my local city centre car park and it's the golden ticket space. You could park a bus in there and it's a single bay between two concrete posts as it's not large enough for two and the motorbike parking is elsewhere and much larger. It's in direct line of a camera, not too far from the ticket dispenser and there is no need for pedestrians to pass it unless you're going to the car.

Which is why there is always a Nissan Micra that looked like it escaped a demolition derby in there.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2019, 09:51 »
Brilliant space for sure. They are not girders though but let’s bit get too fussy lol.

They are not cast iron either, they are rolled steel.  :wink:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2019, 11:28 »
I didn't take a picture, but there were no decent spaces in a busy hospital car park the other day, so I made my own. Popped the Amarok up over a 8" kerb and up a sloping grass bank. Just like parking in a far flung corner of a car park, you'll come back and someone has squeezed as close as they can next to you, when they had the choice of dozens of other spaces, there was a Ford Ranger next to me. At least he'd left plenty of room.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2019, 11:30 »
I didn't take a picture, but there were no decent spaces in a busy hospital car park the other day, so I made my own. Popped the Amarok up over a 8" kerb and up a sloping grass bank. Just like parking in a far flung corner of a car park, you'll come back and someone has squeezed as close as they can next to you, when they had the choice of dozens of other spaces, there was a Ford Ranger next to me. At least he'd left plenty of room.

It's a comfort thing in car parks. You park in the empty part of a carpark and guaranteed you'll have someone next to you or both sides!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2019, 13:19 »

Found this spot in town multi-storey!
Bit of a trip to ground floor but worth it.
My wife hates it when I'm looking for a parking spot,  but she knows what I'm like.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2019, 14:55 »
That's a great space!!  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2019, 15:01 »

It's a comfort thing in car parks. You park in the empty part of a carpark and guaranteed you'll have someone next to you or both sides!  :grin:

It's one of my pet peeves. I've reasoned that it's people who are incredibly lazy and can't drive. They use your car to position theirs in the bay. I find it declines sharply if you park in the furtherest corner of an empty car park proving the 'incredibly lazy' part of my theory perfectly.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR