Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48829 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #20 on: 11 December 2020, 16:12 »
Thanks for the tip.  :wink:

I see you were able to get the all important proper VW :smiley: centre caps to fit.

7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 11 December 2020, 16:27 »
Yes, can’t remember exactly what caps I used now as I had loads of the things knocking around back then but they went in ok.
Still got the original TD ones in the garage I think, all these years later.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 11 December 2020, 17:20 »
Had test drive today in a Clubsport. Been away from vw for a good while and pleasantly impressed
With the clubby. Engine sound was better than my 718 cayman! Fit and finish had no issues with, yes
It’s different coming from a Porsche with loads of buttons to virtually none but I quickly got use to it.
Steering wheel buttons had no problem.
Engine performance pulled well and very responsive! Didn’t feel down on power to my Porsche.
Glad to say after the test drive ordered a dolphin grey, Adelaide wheels, HUD and DCC.
Hoping brexit doesn’t ruin it !

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 11 December 2020, 17:36 »
Had test drive today in a Clubsport. Been away from vw for a good while and pleasantly impressed
With the clubby. Engine sound was better than my 718 cayman! Fit and finish had no issues with, yes
It’s different coming from a Porsche with loads of buttons to virtually none but I quickly got use to it.
Steering wheel buttons had no problem.
Engine performance pulled well and very responsive! Didn’t feel down on power to my Porsche.
Glad to say after the test drive ordered a dolphin grey, Adelaide wheels, HUD and DCC.
Hoping brexit doesn’t ruin it !

Impressive!

I've got my test drive of the boggo GTI on Monday.

If I can stand the interior, I'll definitely look at and probably choose the clubby.

Still got my 128ti test drive to come.... with option to cancel my order.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 December 2020, 17:51 »
It’ll be really interesting to see more of these impressions of the Clubsport coming in from people who actually drive cars as a daily, rather than the usual journalist rubbish.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 22 December 2020, 07:40 »
German video review but thought some might still want to see it.

https://youtu.be/T9VHZb4JjIc

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 22 December 2020, 09:30 »
German video review but thought some might still want to see it.

https://youtu.be/T9VHZb4JjIc

That was worth viewing, I don't see this car as a clubsport, especially as it now weighs 100-150kg more than the previous variant.
VW should have stuck with the old name system and called this the Performance?

Other than spurious marketing, I don;t know why they are following the Porsche tradition of a clubsport and considering a cup version?
At least a cup car was raced in a championshipm with the chance to win a cup!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 22 December 2020, 09:43 »
Glad you thought it was worth posting.

Tbh I’m not sure why any version of the CS is called the CS. Bit of a nonsense really. Not sure that CS was associated with any other marks before the Mk7. Correct me if I’m wrong though. Often am!

We all know this is a trim version and lacks the special draw of an anniversary model. Tbh I don’t think it’s supposed to compete either the CS, that’ll be for the Ed45.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #28 on: 22 December 2020, 10:03 »
The world of the vw marketing department is a bizarre place. No possible way of understanding it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 22 December 2020, 10:10 »
KM, a clubsport is effectively a clubman race car that can be used in competition which is also road registered.

I have owned several Porsche clubsport variants over the last 20 years, hence this login which I have used for some time!

Here is the interior of my other CS, as it left the Porsche factory!

Slightly different and considerably lighter than the mk8 CS ? :)