Author Topic: My K&N Air Filter goes wooooooooooooooosh : is this right  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Evoss

• GTI forum regular
When I had a renault clio i put a filter on it. That just made it sound more grunty.

On the 1.8T it sounds like its sucking hard and when i change gear it goes pssst or take foot of accelerator.

Cheers

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
That's all good, it's the recirculating valve putting the air back in the turbo, the filter amplifies the noise making it sound a bit like an atmospheric dump valve. The Clio didn't as it's naturally aspirated and French  :sick:  :laugh:

Offline darren1.8t

• I live here
  • I HATE FRENCH CARS
i hate french cars !!! :sick:

Offline Dahmich

• GTI forum regular
  • OH HI!....I KNICKED THIS AVATAR..
nowt wrong with a renault 25 monaco :rolleyes:
If Jesus Christ owned a rolling road and it was calibrated and tested by the three wise men you'd still get some jerk asking you to back up your figures, that's t'internet for ya

Offline oliver07

• I live here
  • golf gti T 200BHP
nothing right with any french cars

:sick:

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
With the exception of a Dimma 205 T16 or e en the normal GTI's. They were excellent, everything else is pony

Offline rcorf

• Not said much yet
When I had a renault clio i put a filter on it. That just made it sound more grunty.

On the 1.8T it sounds like its sucking hard and when i change gear it goes pssst or take foot of accelerator.

Cheers
Mine does the same, great little sound from a resurc valve

Offline TinuxGTI

• Not said much yet
Re: My K&N Air Filter goes wooooooooooooooosh : is this right
« Reply #7 on: 01 June 2010, 12:52 »
I do like the 306 GTI6 :)

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
Re: My K&N Air Filter goes wooooooooooooooosh : is this right
« Reply #8 on: 01 June 2010, 16:44 »

Cheers
I had similar sound on my impreza it turned out after further investigation to be the filter comeing unstuck as the glue they make the filter with was not sealing ,it was falling apart.Swapped it and job was a good un and the grunt was back