Author Topic: a3 1.8t r-tec  (Read 3881 times)

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
a3 1.8t r-tec
« on: 19 July 2011, 17:34 »
i came down monday, to get a rolling road on my audi a3 1.8t, i came with my friend dez from milton keynes. i had all the bits installed for stage two remap, i was going to leave the remap and wait a few months for the hybrid route. we spoke and decided stage 2 was the route to go first, what i thinks a good idea. Making sure the car is running right.
i got 208bhp on the rollers, and said it was about 20bhp under what it should be and 30 pound of torque under. Tomorrow i will be changing the baileys resurclation valve to the forge 007p, and changing the rubber washers on the injectors because they where leaking a bit, and slightly changing the oil catch can install.

if i come down to r-tec again, i think you said come down for the stage 2, when doing this, will you have a deeper look and see if you can underline why its not pushing the slightly higher bhp n torque figures? before the stage 2 is installed? also is there anything else i should clean out or change before i come down for my next visit.

thanks andy :)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: a3 1.8t r-tec
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2011, 18:51 »
i came down monday, to get a rolling road on my audi a3 1.8t, i came with my friend dez from milton keynes. i had all the bits installed for stage two remap, i was going to leave the remap and wait a few months for the hybrid route. we spoke and decided stage 2 was the route to go first, what i thinks a good idea. Making sure the car is running right.
i got 208bhp on the rollers, and said it was about 20bhp under what it should be and 30 pound of torque under. Tomorrow i will be changing the baileys resurclation valve to the forge 007p, and changing the rubber washers on the injectors because they where leaking a bit, and slightly changing the oil catch can install.

if i come down to r-tec again, i think you said come down for the stage 2, when doing this, will you have a deeper look and see if you can underline why its not pushing the slightly higher bhp n torque figures? before the stage 2 is installed? also is there anything else i should clean out or change before i come down for my next visit.

thanks andy :)

Was there any fault codes shown on the day ??

If you were only pointed out the problems above they are more than likely the only things needing to be changed mate  :wink:

Stage 2 will put a grin on your face  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2011, 22:43 »
i think they scanned it and found no codes came up. Yer i have heard some good things about stage two, i am really looking forward to it running right :)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2011, 22:53 »
The car could be fine, it just could be a poor quality / tame spec 1 remap that you have on your car, an hours data logging and testing should shed some light on what going on, I am maybe expecting too much from another tuners spec1 remap, I know with the same setup the r-tech spec1 would pull 220bhp 230lbft,  it's the 199lbft what got me thinking as thats very low for a ko3s with stage 2 mods.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2011, 10:03 »
That sounds cool, I am up for doing a hours data logging and testing. I will give you a call today or tomorrow and get booked in :)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2011, 15:17 »
JD

Just needs V-power to bring the CFs down.. :wink:

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2011, 15:57 »
awesome :)
was a good drive home!
thanks!

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2011, 22:55 »
hey nick, im loving the a3, looking to do a few more mods, i was looking at fitting a forge actuator, will this help with producing any more power? and i think i read something about different colour springs depending on boost psi?

any advice would be much appreciated :)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2011, 09:58 »
forge actuator is good mainly if your one is on the way out if not.. you should look at buying sports cat and downpipe.. forge or badger5 intake tip.. these will free up a nice bit of power for stage2
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline ajridermk

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2011, 11:14 »
yer done the tip and running decat, got the stage two on now, just looking to do few small things to increase power