Author Topic: Remapping my 2.0l GTi??  (Read 3699 times)

Offline AJ.DUB_

• Not said much yet
Remapping my 2.0l GTi??
« on: 23 August 2010, 19:39 »
what sort of power gains would I see? its standard atm not even got aftermarket air filter on...

Cheers

Offline dennis10

• GTI forum regular
Re: Remapping my 2.0l GTi??
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2010, 21:13 »
What engine is it from? Mk3 8v, 16v?  Mk4?  I would say that unless it has a turbo, it isnt really worth getting it remapped if it is otherwise standard.  Look more at other areas such as aftermarket exhaust, an off the shelf chip (can be had from ebay) and probably more effective - airbox mods

With a little fettling on my mk3 16v gti, I got 172hp and 144lbs of torque at a recent rolling road.  When you consider that standard is supposed to be around 150hp, it's not bad for not alot of outlay (especially when you consider a custom remap is circa £400 and on a naturally aspirated car you probably wouldnt even see that just from the remap)  Modding airbox, performance filter, cold air feed down to the bottom of the bumper or grill, exhaust, cheap chip would cost you less than that and be more effective.

Offline AJ.DUB_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2010, 23:17 »
its a standard mk4 (115bhp) right ok so probs best to leave off the remap and go for breathing mods?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2010, 23:50 »
its a standard mk4 (115bhp) right ok so probs best to leave off the remap and go for breathing mods?

Or sell it and buy a turbo.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2010, 21:31 »
With the right map the results will make you smile, with a crap map you will wonder what you have just wasted your money on.

You aint never going to get huge peak power gains, nothing like 20bhp on top of the stock 115bhp.  At a push with the ecu sticking to the best timing map without any offsets kicking in a good remap will give around 10bhp 10lbft on the peak with around 6bhp across the average power in the midrange. Enough to make you smile and know your money has been well spent.

If your unsure about how the car will feel after the remap we can offer you a trial of the full version map so you can see if its what your after.   Everyone we have remapped to date has made the customers really happy, we even got a review in max power from Macca_mk1.

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands