Author Topic: Leasing via main dealer: confused!  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Finky

• Just got here
Leasing via main dealer: confused!
« on: 23 March 2018, 13:15 »
Hi all, new to the forum and looking forward to getting a 7.5 gti. I like leasing (as opposed to pcp) and intend to do it again. Having had a quick look, it seems brokers quote much better prices than main dealers. I'm a bit perplexed. Any experts out there who can shed some light?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Leasing via main dealer: confused!
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2018, 13:30 »
Why so? It's just sales/commission. Broker gets a deal on 20 GTI's at price x, takes less money on each sale than rival(s).

My filthy cheap GTI was ordered through a broker, the actual paperwork is with a much larger leasing company and the car was delivered by a northern JCT600 dealer so me in the south. All taking a slice of the profit pie.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Finky

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2018, 13:44 »
Thanks jv, didn't realise brokers had such good access to stock. My last two deals have been through brokers, but both times it was vw finance providing the funding. I naively assumed main dealers would be keen to get into this mkt, although they are heavily incentivised to push pcp.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2018, 19:23 »
Main dealers can compete with brokers, if you ask, and if they can be bothered. Some don't like it because there isn't as much money in it as selling cars via the showroom.

My last 2 cars have been leased from main dealers. Try WhatCar Leasing for an idea of what's available.
7.5 GTD

Offline Finky

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2018, 20:45 »
Thanks Guzzle, pcp is flavour of the month and makes the dealers most profit. I don't blame them for not pushing leasing, but it is growing in popularity. Will check whatcar.