Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24114 times)

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2018, 10:03 »
I walked into my local dealer last weekend to look at a used GTi, but came away having ordered a brand new one.  One of those weird situations whereby buying brand new was actually cheaper.

It was already in the channel so it left the factory beginning of last week and is now sitting in Emden dock waiting for a boat.  It’s a shame the app doesn’t give you the same detail the Volkswagen bods on the website chat have access to.

I’m genuinely excited. :smiley:

Dan
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2018, 12:35 »
That's lovely and quick..
What spec did you go for? I did think about getting something already made but I'd have had to compromise on options.

Offline dreamcar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2018, 15:22 »
The text came via the My VW tracking system. Strangely is was originally saying build week commencing 12th March then leapt to 'in transit' with a text this morning! So it's coming about a month earlier than originally expected. I'm going to have to see what can be done about returning current personal lease car a bit early (as end date is officially 11th May), or I may ask VW dealer to hang onto the GTI for a while - although not sure I want my new car hanging around a dealer storage area for an extra month!!

Same here, mine same build week (12th March) also skipped straight to “in transit”. Also says on average 3 weeks from leaving factory to arriving at the dealer.

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2018, 15:25 »
Seriously exciting stuff as I wait for ours to be picked up next Sat!

Confirmed BW - Week 7 (19/02/2018) (7/2/18 ---> Car has already been built and is in transit!!---> Arrived in the UK on 15/2/18--->Awaiting customs and transport---> Arrived with dealer 20/2/18!!!!)

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2018, 16:37 »
That's lovely and quick..
What spec did you go for? I did think about getting something already made but I'd have had to compromise on options.

Yeah I'm not sure I could have waited through the full build process  :smiley:

I have gone for a 3 door in deep black pearl, titan black jacara, with the standard Parker Alloys (Brecia are my favourite but no cars in the channel had them).  The only extra I have plumbed for is the DSG Auto Box.  I did think about going for a manual with the Performance Pack which is technically slightly cheaper than going for a DSG.  To be honest I could have afforded both if I had got the finance on my current car over 4 years instead of 5, but as it stands I owe £2000 in finance which reduced the equity I had to put down on the Golf.  Live and learn and all that.

The other option I had was the the same spec but in white with the Seville alloys, but I wasn't sure about the look of the alloys and they didn't have a car in the show room with them on so I played it a bit safe.

To be honest I was really impressed with the standard equipment you get on the GTi.

I'm genuinely levitating with excitement though!  Its the first brand new car I have ever bought.  Hopefully it will get shipped this week.

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 05 March 2018, 08:54 »
Nice choice, the Dynaudio was non negotiable for me and none of their stock cars get it fitted it seems.
What's the GTi replacing?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 05 March 2018, 10:26 »
Dynaudio is a factory fitted option so if a car leaves the factory and doesn't have it you won't get it added by a dealer to a stock car.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2018, 12:29 »
Now at 5b - Shipping  :laugh:
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 05 March 2018, 12:34 »
Nice choice, the Dynaudio was non negotiable for me and none of their stock cars get it fitted it seems.
What's the GTi replacing?

The GTi they had in the showroom had the Dynaudio fitted and I have to say it was really impressive.  I liked the depth of sound it provided.  It would be nice to plum for the premium extras like that  :smiley:

So what spec have you gone for, and how far through the process are you?

My current car is a BMW 335i which I have part exchanged for the golf.  Its a lovely car to drive (sound of the 6 cylinder engine is awesome), and is fast, but its not what I would call fun.  Plus its by far the most unreliable car I have owned which is the main reason for getting shot.  If I hadn't extended the BMW warranty I would be quite literally bankrupt.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 05 March 2018, 12:35 »
Now at 5b - Shipping  :laugh:

How do you know its 5b?  Mine just says step 5 shipping.