Author Topic: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!  (Read 14289 times)

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!
« on: 14 January 2018, 10:45 »
Hi everyone

Thought I should join the forum seeing as a brand new GTi is coming to our household. I'm not a GTi virgin, having had one from brand new in 2005 (MK5) in manual and running it for 7 years (110k). That was a fantastic car and hoping this will serve us well too. The MK5 was highly specced:

Bi-xenons
18' Monza II alloys
Leather
Rear side airbags
Winter pack
Stage 1 JabbaSport remap at 50k (which led to needing a new blow off valve!)
Forge air induction kit

The new one is actually for my parents (Speccing a 1.5 TSi with LED headlights just made no financial sense!). So I have ordered a MK7.5 GTi DSG in Isaac Blue with the following options:

Climate windscreen
Rear view camera

I would have got a PP if it was for myself but my excitement is taken care of these days by my F80 M3  :wink:

DTD (through which we have bought a Merc and an Audi) came through with the best deal that no carwow dealer could get within £1.2k of. So a 100 mile trip to Kent will be well worth it.

Car is sitting at stage 2 and I have been told to expect a 16 week wait! As soon as it arrives it will be getting a coating of Gtechniq G1 Smartglass and a machine polish and wax  :nerd: (by me!). And probably a switch to Michelin PS4 if the Bridgestones are as bad as everyone makes them out to be (hoping they will change to Contis in 2018 - that would be a nice surprise!).

Can anybody direct me to the latest owners manual (I know one can get it through the VW website, but not having a VIN/reg yet means I cannot (yet)). Thanks!

EDIT - Forgot to add I have a full VCDS system so if anyone needs a hand around Nottingham....more than happy to help out :)
« Last Edit: 14 January 2018, 10:49 by O2Doc »

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2018, 11:07 »
Re the manual, find a gti on a forecourt and pop that reg in the vw website

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2018, 11:08 »

Good tip thanks...I'll go hunting for a MK7.5 GTi in the car park!

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2018, 12:36 »

Good tip thanks...I'll go hunting for a MK7.5 GTi in the car park!

Or do a search in the used cars section of VW’s website. Plenty on there to pick a reg plate from and saves hunting around a car park in the cold. You’ll need to click on a specific car to get the reg. no. as the plate will probably be covered up in the photos with a Das Welt Auto plate.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2018, 13:07 »
Collected my PP on Friday and it has the hateful bridgestones.
Very squirmy!
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2018, 13:59 »
Oh I didn’t realise all 18’s came with Bridgestones.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2018, 14:17 »
Nothing wrong with the Bridgestones!! Drive sensibly and they are fine. Also be careful with Gtechnic stuff on your glass as it causes judder. Known problem apparently on mk7 golfs.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2018, 14:30 »
Nothing wrong with the Bridgestones!! Drive sensibly and they are fine. Also be careful with Gtechnic stuff on your glass as it causes judder. Known problem apparently on mk7 golfs.

Good advice...I shall research some more re: Gtechniq. I've used smartglass on a BMW, Audi and Merc and all seem amazing and totally judder free! Perhaps its application related!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2018, 14:31 »
Lots of posts on here about the merits (or lack of) of Bridgestone tyres.

They're not the best by any stretch, and i wouldn't put them on when it's time to change. But i certainly wouldn't bin a brand new set.
7.5 GTD

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2018, 14:38 »
Don’t put any of those sealants on your windscreen unless you like squeaky juddering wipers. The bridgestones are dirt but I’m tight and there’s no way I’d bin a new set either. Just be careful in the wet - they’ll be ok in the summer.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.