Author Topic: Still got no idea which tyres?!?  (Read 11348 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Still got no idea which tyres?!?
« Reply #10 on: 11 October 2017, 21:06 »
Ps4s don't last though am I right? Squishy like a jaffa cake!

The S is different to the normal PS4. Normal PS4 is all you need. Wears just fine.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #11 on: 12 October 2017, 09:52 »
Are you finding them quite noisy then?
Yes, especially on the motorway. 

There haven't really been too many damp cold roads yet to test traction and braking. Though the car is  noticeably more comfortable now. With the increased comfort I am surprised that the road noise has not noticeably reduced. I honestly think that my old Mk6 GTD with 17 inch Goodyear AS2s was much quieter.

I realise the sound issue when I get into the car the next day and have to turn the radio down. It is probably the only thing that disappoints me about my new car. Though I can't help wondering if other tyres would fix it. I think I'll just live with it.

Tyre performance matters far more to me and these are probably the best available in their price bracket.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2017, 10:59 »
Mine is due a full set imminently and after exhaustive research* I'm going to spend the extra on PS4S. The ride, grip and noise improvements sound like money well spent. Or perhaps the Contis, mind you the new P Zeros are supposed to be good too :rolleyes: :whistle:

*I read bits of one review but got distracted by some nonsense on the telly which I'd seen before...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2017, 12:38 »
Mine is due a full set imminently and after exhaustive research* I'm going to spend the extra on PS4S. The ride, grip and noise improvements sound like money well spent. Or perhaps the Contis, mind you the new P Zeros are supposed to be good too :rolleyes: :whistle:

So that's decision made then.  :grin:

Do yourself a big favour, get the PS4S.  Pretty much the perfect tyre in my eyes/experience and although it's early days with mine, I believe the lifespan is quite a bit better than Contis (I got 12-13k out of last 3 sets of 5Ps, not sure how the 6's fare) and certainly quieter and better bump/rough road absorbing comfort. 
« Last Edit: 12 October 2017, 12:42 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2017, 12:41 »

Tyre performance matters far more to me and these are probably the best available in their price bracket.

This.  Every time, but the added bonus of the PS4S is a much quieter ride compared to some (Conti 5Ps in my case).  You can have it all in a tyre.  So roll on next year for the 18" version.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTI2016

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 13 October 2017, 23:03 »
PS4S. Pilot Supersport replacement. Not only is the grip amazing (no juddering) I've found the feeling from the front end superior to the PSS and a noticeable change.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 14 October 2017, 08:19 »
Michelin
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 15 October 2017, 14:35 »
Continental 6! 😀 or The Ps4..
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 October 2017, 15:34 »
I ran the MPSS on my Evora, now run the MPS4S.

Would happily run the MPS4S on my GTI. What do they come fitted with? (Still on order)
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 15 October 2017, 17:51 »
If you've ordered 18" wheels then either Bridgestones or possibly Continental. 19s come with pirellis usually.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.