Author Topic: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats  (Read 10314 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Clubsport - Creaking Bucket Seats
« Reply #20 on: 14 October 2017, 15:15 »
I sprayed the pivot points on the height mechanism on mine today with 3 in 1 PTFE spray and then white lithium grease over the top. Tam seat up and down a couple times to try and work it into the hinges.

Hopefully this works but I have a feeling it’s the seat back that breaks but hard to tell
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 October 2017, 16:26 »
I sprayed the pivot points on the height mechanism on mine today with 3 in 1 PTFE spray and then white lithium grease over the top. Tam seat up and down a couple times to try and work it into the hinges.

Hopefully this works but I have a feeling it’s the seat back that breaks but hard to tell

Hopefully it will work.  Mine didn't particularly sound like a problem with the base, but still creak free so far (touch wood).

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 October 2017, 19:14 »
Squeaks and creaks can come from somewhere totally different to where you think you are hearing it so it may well be this. Hopefully it is as I hate squeaks and cabin noises and other than this the cabin is very good so far
« Last Edit: 14 October 2017, 22:02 by mkviken »

Offline George T

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 14 October 2017, 20:37 »
The Recaro bucket seats in my Clubsport have creaked almost since buying the car new in March.
Drivers seat back was replaced under warranty.....I informed the garage I thought it was underneath
the rails/brackets etc...
VW insisted the seat back is the problem, so a new one was fitted (£1300 according to the vw garage)
Car  off the road for over three weeks.awaiting the parts.
Collected the car & the problem is still exactly the same.
I will lubricate the rails as I initially thought was the culprit...

Otherwise a great car.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 October 2017, 21:28 »
The Recaro bucket seats in my Clubsport have creaked almost since buying the car new in March.
Drivers seat back was replaced under warranty.....I informed the garage I thought it was underneath
the rails/brackets etc...
VW insisted the seat back is the problem, so a new one was fitted (£1300 according to the vw garage)
Car  off the road for over three weeks.awaiting the parts.
Collected the car & the problem is still exactly the same.
I will lubricate the rails as I initially thought was the culprit...

Otherwise a great car.

Make sure you get the pivot points that raise and lower the base and let us know whether it works for you. :smiley:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2017, 22:04 »
Well that sounds promising as I was sure it was the seat back also.

Would be great if it were as simple as lubricating the pivot points

I’ll see how it goes now I’ve done this

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 25 October 2017, 18:14 »
This didn’t work on mine

My creaking seems to come from the backrest

I’ll mention it when it goes in for it’s first service

Disappointed with this to be honest you would expect better

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 25 October 2017, 20:04 »
This didn’t work on mine

My creaking seems to come from the backrest

I’ll mention it when it goes in for it’s first service

Disappointed with this to be honest you would expect better

That's disappointing as my creaking also sounded like it was coming from the backrest and in the end it was there 100% of the time.  It started at about 1,000 miles from there being no creaking at all, to it creaking all of the time.  I really didn't expect the lube to work as it didn't sound like that type of noise, but I'm pleased to be able to report that I'm still creak free, shame it didn't work for you. :angry:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 October 2017, 01:04 »
I’ll apply some more and run the seat up and down a few times again to try and work it in more. It does feel like it’s the backrest though.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 27 October 2017, 15:04 »
I drove and ed 40 with cloth seats and one with buckets and 2 S with buckets and the normal seats are definitely lower.

I can see the bonnet in my car , I couldn’t on my mk6 or the other mk7 with normal seats as Theyre lower.

Seems to be a trait with Recaro shell seats as my clip was set high and the focus rs seats are set way too high.

Would be good if a height adjust delete kit comes available as this would lower the seat a good inch I bet.

Will the GTi seats be the same height as the R seats, as my R seats just don't go anywhere near low enough?

Master plan is for a set of Mk5/6 Recaro Wingbacks as they sit really low, this rules out the MK7 variant by the sounds of it.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect