Author Topic: Bluefin now works on ALL mk7's  (Read 5003 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Bluefin now works on ALL mk7's
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2017, 07:35 »
I think you got lucky there and also that the part that failed isn't as directly impacted in quite such a way to a power increase such as a turbo or pistons would be, would it?

Albeit the T&Cs don't explicitly state "Chipping your car will void warranty" there are 2 areas it could be applied too -

• Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action in the event of warning lights appearing.
  • Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect, or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities.

More so the first, preventing mechanical damage from happening. However, if the likes of superchips can attest that they have proof that the cars engine parts directly impacted have the tolerances to cater for the modification then I'd be a lot more comfortable than risking it.

I'll have to find out exactly what was said in their conversations but what Stuart said it boiled down to was that the only part that VW could refuse warranty on was the ECU because that was the only part that was modified. The other parts are deemed to be able to withstand the increas that a map would give.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 02 October 2017, 17:31 »
Spoke to Superchips today and the Bluefin is not compatible with my mk7.5.

Seems VW have changed something in how the ecu works (again).    :undecided:
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2017, 18:10 »
Hi, you beat me to it, the ecu has been updated so it's harder to map due to software. Had bluefin on previous motor. Was impressed tbh, just a generic map, so removed went custom massive difference in power delivery.

Mk7 wise was tempted with Buger motorsports or jb4.In the end I went Apr and an uprated clutch. All is good don't know why I waited over a year to do.